Driver, that is cold! LOL

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by MooneyBravo, Feb 4, 2016.

1. MooneyBravo

MooneyBravo Heavy Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    I posted in this forum because it will add to your knowledge of fun or being aware of us clowns. LOL

In this business you have to have a little clean fun or you will go crazy. I don't keep a CB radio in my truck anymore, especially if I'm hauling piggybacks. Piggybacks are new trucks stacked like the ones in my avatar picture. When I'm done, I grab my gear and fly back. A CB is extra luggage I don't need.

Anyway, many times in my career as I'm driving by the scale on the other side of the freeway and I see a driver on the scale, I will get on the radio and try to sound official and say "Driver on the scale, go ahead and pull around back. Bring in all your paperwork." hahahahahaha!
    Now more often than not, an experienced driver knows when it's BS and will simply exit the scale and return to the road. But there have been several times, especially if it was a company like Schneider, Swift etc. which has a lot of newbies, would actually go around back on a green or red light. Now I have no way to verify whether or not they pulled around back because of my shenanigans but I would liked to have seen the expression on the driver and DOT mans face when they found out they were tricked.
    So funny!
    Oh driver that was cold!

Don't try this unless you know the driver of the truck and you will not make him late for an appointment. You can remove the red glad hand and stick a quarter in between the connection to block the air. They won't be able to release their trailer brakes until they remove this 25 cent obstruction. LOL
    I have played this prank on several people; newbies and drivers who claimed to know it all. I have seen several drivers invest a considerable amount of time into trying to solve this problem. Many years ago, I remember this one driver that did not like me at all and he thought he new it all too. This particular driver ended up calling road service to fix his problem. That's how much he knew.
    So funny!
    Driver, that was cold!

I did tie a string of cans under a co workers truck one time. I was able to secure them loosely so as not to be seen by the approaching driver. When the driver pulled away, it only took a couple of bumps before the cans fell making a questionable sound and thereby causing the driver to stop his truck and get out and investigate. I saw him later and he brought me the cans and asked me if I was the one. My laughing required no more questions as he called me a couple names while laughing himself. He said, man I pulled away and all of a sudden I heard this loud racket and I didn't know what to think! I thought the tranny came apart or something.
    So funny!
    Driver, you are cold!
    LOL

Happy Trails To You

G13Tomcat and bottomdumpin Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Poacher

Poacher Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Arkansas
    I hope you got your ### whipped a lot.

4. southtruck

southtruck Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2014
    Flaw dah
    Tie a large zip tie around the drive shaft!

MooneyBravo Thanks this.
  5. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Yeah real funny. Try that on my truck and you would be choking on the gladhand inserted from the opposite end.

I don't care how funny you think something is or how much you hate someone, you just don't go messing around with another man's equipment.:eek:

6. MooneyBravo

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    These were mostly driver friends that I've worked with through the years. Drivers that knew how to have fun. Everyone who has ever known me knew that I was a prankster.

Nitemare13, G13Tomcat and bottomdumpin Thank this.
  7. MooneyBravo

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    Come on driver
    You're no fun

8. coffee mug

coffee mug Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2016
    motel rooms must gobble up your 95 cents a mile since you cant sleep in the truck. its like a hundred dollars a night
    [​IMG]

aussiejosh Thanks this.
  9. MooneyBravo

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    I can't help it. Just fun

10. MooneyBravo

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    That's a good one

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.