Driver wife had stroke, can't find...

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Cotton's mommy, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Cotton's mommy

Cotton's mommy Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2016
    North Dakota
    So... I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this? A friend of mine (female driver) had a stroke and her husband is also a truck driver however they're separated and nobody seems to be able to find him?! The hospital has contacted his last known company who says he's NOT employed by them any longer. What can she do?
    She doesn't know his social...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Ask the police to contact him, or hire a PI. Court records will show his social security #, and if she is lucid she should grant an attorney the right to her records. On the request of a judge the police can find him easily, they can easily get his current company or contact number. They won't share it with you, but if it is a medical emergency they will contact him on her behalf.

Cotton's mommy Thanks this.
  4. GoneButNotForgotten

GoneButNotForgotten Heavy Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Roxboro, N.C.
    1. Contact any known family members or known friends, people he routinely did business with in the past, his lawyer, etc.
    2. Hire detective agency that specializes in finding lost souls.
    3. Google the heck out of the internet (including Facebook, Match.Com, etc.) to see if anything current pops up with his name.
    Now, just from your brief description of the situation it sounds like they are really-really separated to the point of little to no contact. Could it be possible that he does not want to be found by her or any of her friends?

Cotton's mommy Thanks this.
  5. Cotton's mommy

Mar 29, 2016
    North Dakota
    Sadly she was not on speaking terms with him.. she is lucid and has most of her mobility back. She will NOT be getting her cdl back tho...

6. Cotton's mommy

Mar 29, 2016
    North Dakota

7. Cotton's mommy

Mar 29, 2016
    North Dakota
    She was in a bad situation and she knew nothing about him when she married him, Sadly she believed he'd protect her... they went to truck driving school together. He was arrested 8 days after they married (from what I understand he liked the company of others and that is what the fight was about) I'm not quite sure what exactly happened. Anyhow they were apparently going to work things out... then she drove to see him and when she got there he sent her a text that he met someone met while otr.

GoneButNotForgotten Thanks this.
  8. ExOTR

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    That's a very one-sided story, and while you support your friend always be wary of asymmetrical information. Why does she want to contact him? They should have filed for annulment if this actually occured 8 days afterwards, or she could have gotten a divorce without his consent if he was charged with "a lady of the evening". Again, why would she want to contact him? If she is looking for medical support assistance have the attorneys file everything for her, if she has been driving a while she likely has a decent disability payment coming from SS as well.

9. GoneButNotForgotten

GoneButNotForgotten Heavy Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Roxboro, N.C.
    Wow. Sounds like a Lifetime Movie. Has he gone to court yet on his arrest (trial dates are usually public records)? If he has already gone, could the sentence have included active time or a probation officer (some states you can look up convictions/punishments)?
    Apparently they must not have been together long enough to file taxes......which would have his SS number.

10. Cotton's mommy

Mar 29, 2016
    North Dakota
    The whole thing is a mess and I'm trying to help her out with finding him only because she was totally taken advantage of. Not to mention she ended up being harassed threatened and bullied. My husband and I help look after her. When some of the guys realized they didn't have a chance (they smeared this girl's name) As you well know this industry, although huge, is also very small and I feel terrible because as a mom that's really hard to watch. Now with the stress she's been under it is a wonder she didn't stroke out before!

11. ExOTR

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    ? What? Nothing small about an industry with 3.5 million people, and a driver is only judged based on experience/accidents/driving record. You are honestly hired (if youre honest on your application) before anyone ever sees you. Mind sharing ages?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.