"drivers Beaware Of Landair Transport"

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by tracie222l, Aug 13, 2007.

1. trucker girl 1130

trucker girl 1130 Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2010
    They promise my boy friend the same thing so he getting he leasing his own truck soon

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. trucker girl 1130

Dec 20, 2010
    You dont even know what the misdemeaner is it could be a jay walkin ticket lol

4. trucker girl 1130

Dec 20, 2010
    i know what u mean long trail he got 1500 one week 2100 the second week 1700 the third week at landair

5. trucker girl 1130

Dec 20, 2010
    Yeah i know trucking company are having a differcult time but they also need to hire dispatchers that know what their doing they r send truck on back road and thru town and you can't go more then 25 TO 35 miles per hour and then when they take long then they expect they want to say it the driver fault. example this happen this week
    dispatcher calls boyfriend cell 12:00am need load takin to cape may NJ by 8am
    boyfriend reply cant start 10 hour rule not up intil 7am
    dispatcher ok
    boy friend goes back to bed
    dispatcher call 7am need load to cape may by 8am
    boyfriend said ok but its not going to be there til 5 pm

so i guess my question is how u suppose to get a load there on time when the dispatcher gives u little time to get there and tracks u the whole way there
    so all this dont mean a thing inless u get a good dispatcher or brown nosin

Pay -- They pay book miles (like most other common carriers).

Vacation -- 1 week no matter how much time you have with the company.

Bonuses -- Must get at least a specific number of dispatched miles every 6 months;
    -- Must have all logs turned in;
    -- Must have all bills turned in;
    -- Complete and turn in Safety Bonus paperwork (which spells out the
    criteria for the Safety Bonus in detail);
    -- Not be late for scheduled delivery, unless good reason and you notify
    them;
    -- No accidents;
    -- No tickets in either a CMV or private vehicle;
    -- No DOT Out of Service Violations.

When my wife had a heart attack in May of 2008, I was on a run to Roanoke, VA. I called dispatch and notified them what happened. Told them I was going to drop the load at the customer, then bobtail home to be with my wife. They told me to just be safe enroute. Even asked if I'd be ok making the trip home. I could give other personal instances where they have proven themselves to me, but won't to keep from being long winded (which I already have).
    i'm glad your wife ok but my boy friend dads not doing so good and i told my boyfriend he need to go see his dad no matter what so if it cost him his job with landair then i would support him because that his dad and u only get one dad

If I put reasons to stay and reasons to leave on a set of balance scales, the reasons to stay far outweigh the reasons to leave.[/QUOTE]

6. mrotto1945

mrotto1945 Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2011
    so what is right and what is wrong, is land air a decent company to work for or what?

7. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Im so glad my other half doesn't come on message boards complaining. Ad I've said many times about my company.... it just isn't some peoples cup of tea, but they treat me great ( not landair). Read up on some companies in here like tetreua and so on... those are real rip off companies. Just because you feel like your not getting adequate miles or treatment doesn't mean the company hates its drivers and doesn't care. When's the last time someone actually went and complained to upper management? Instead of getting angry at a dispatcher or planner and coming on a forum and trashing them, make a difference and work up the management change. Most of the time you would be surprised that someone does care, however most drivers believe to much hear-say and figure their is no point.

8. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    And as far as the misdemeanor count goes...

Plain and simple, he commited a crime.

9. Cobra281

Cobra281 Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Dallas,Tx
    yep they through me out on the street when the financial crisis started in 2008. i will never forget all the bs i had to go through to get another job. i was down to my 50 dollars at one time. it was probably a blessing though because i learned more at home looking for aj ob than i would have ever learned working for them.

10. eri13

eri13 Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2013
    tampa,Fl
    she needs to hire a translator,lol !

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.