Drop Yard in or near Stockton, CA area?????

Discussion in 'Knight' started by ChuckyBoy, Oct 13, 2015.

1. ChuckyBoy

ChuckyBoy Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2014
    N. Calif - Central Valley
    I was just wondering if KNIGHT has drop yard near Stockton, CA?? I know they have a terminal in Tulare, CA. Just graduated from CDL school, looking to apply at knight. Tulare is just over 3.25 hrs from my location. If there is no terminal or drop yard near where do you CURRENT drivers park. The reason for the question is that my city does not allow or have parking for tractors. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Watkins-Shepard has a terminal in Modesto & hires new cdl grads.

4. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Yes, they have a shared drop location in Stockton.

5. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    There is a secure drop lot in Sacramento, CA. Normally lots of room to park. We lease a area inside a secure business park. No restrooms or anything like that but it is paved with prob around 30 spots.

6. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    What is up with Knight recently?

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I've talked to several of their dry van drivers and they all like working there.

8. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Knight has been doing alot of "house" cleaning the last month or so. Im wondering how many of these new post are a resault of that. /shrug. Just like any other company sometimes you got to scrape the pond scum off the bottom of the boat.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. ChuckyBoy

ChuckyBoy Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2014
    N. Calif - Central Valley
    Thanks for the info in regards to available parking outside of the Tulare terminal. Am going to submit an app with them and see where it goes. I did speak to a driver at a truck stop recently, said he's been there over 11 years and he likes it.

@Chinatown - yes, I am looking into Watkins-Shepard as well. My one concern with them is there training time (10 days), in my opinion, but I'm a newbie, is that 10 days doesn't seem like its enough.

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    10 days is plenty of time. If it wasn't, Watkins-Shepard wouldn't do it. Believe me, after 10 days you would go crazy being stuck in a truck with someone else. There's nothing complicated about driving even though some seem to think is comparable to flying a space ship to Mars. The only time a driver needs or may need more than 10 days is some special hauling such as chemical tankers or oversize/heavy haul. For dry van, reefers, flatbeds, 10 days is plenty.

11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You already know how to drive; now you're just going to refine that a little more each day. The trainer at Watkins-Shepard will just check you out a little and teach you the customer protocol, paperwork, etc. 10 days is plenty of time for that. You'll now be able to stop to rest, eat, get some coffee, etc. when you want to and not at the whim of another driver. Having a trainer for too long actually impedes your learning because you feel like you're working for him, not yourself. Best wishes!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.