Dry van or reefer?

Discussion in 'Knight' started by j72088, Jan 14, 2016.

1. MANXimus

MANXimus Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Ahh... thx. Sounds like they work with you and let you do what you want...
    I usually prefer starting between 0700 and 1600. Don't mind driving most of the night -- just not a fan of taking the 10-break from like 1400-0000 (really messes my clock up).

Saw on FB (supposedly) that the new Freightliner Cascadias on the Reefer side had a small fridge that came with them... Have you heard any truth to that?
    PS... Where do they have you running now?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I got back from WA to AR to Memphis to GA to Kansas City back to Memphis to Dexter, MO and am back in Springdale, AR to get my truck back tomorrow. A little over 3000 miles in 8 days. The Cascadias have been trickling in to Reefer side. The new Internationals and Freightliners have the fridge. I am not sure if the new Volvos do or not. Knight is still transitioning to an all automatic fleet. Knight also has a small number of KW 680s out there in testing. I have only seen red ones and have only seen them West of the Rockies.

MANXimus Thanks this.
  4. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Yes, the new Volvo's also have one. It takes up the cabinet under your table. It looks and blends in so you would not notice it until you opened it.

5. MANXimus

MANXimus Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Nice! Seems like they keep you running in Reefer... So what's the downside to Knight Reefer -- cause there sure seems to be alot of pros (to Knight and the division)?

6. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    The only downside I see are general Knight things. You have to get your truck serviced at your terminal, we don't have APUs, they are transitioning to an all auto fleet, and if you get into southern Cal, Phoenix, or NV it is hard to keep rolling.

7. j72088

j72088 Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2015
    What portion of the fleet would you say is autos? Do you think when i start they will test me on the manual....how does that work?

8. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Yes, mostlikely they will test you and a manual. But thats ok they expect you not to be perfect at it. They plan to be all auto by 2018 I think, its cheaper for them and they dont have rookies killing the trannys. Mes will have to update any holes, I no longer work for Knight but I was there for years. But as time goes on my info will only become more out of date. :)

9. C12

C12 Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Knight is a ######## company

10. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    So what are you trying to say... LOL

11. tracyq144

tracyq144 Heavy Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    You drive when you need to, and rest when you can. Not rocket science. I would say dry is more driver friendly.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.