Dt466e truck blows oil out of blow by tube when hot

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by whoviancivilian, Feb 8, 2016.

1. whoviancivilian

whoviancivilian Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2016
    Hi, I have a 2000 international semi truck Dt466e. The truck has been acting strange the past few months, but I'm very concerned with heavy blow by and oil coming out of blow by tube after driving the truck for just a short distance. The truck only has 80k miles and is not running hot. It will sit and idle all day long with out this problem, but as soon as you drive it it starts to act up. Truck seems to be over fueling at times and losing power.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    As far as the blow by…..isnt there(someone will confirm) something under the valve cover thats suppose to catch the oil or something….if thats not working, the oil will come out of the blow by tube…….

4. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    What's the temperature where you're at? Excessive idling in cold temps can make oil slobber everywhere.

One place I worked at had an '06 Pete 335 with an ISC Cummins in it. Truck sat and idled at sub 30 degree celsius for over a week straight. When they put a driver in it to take it out to work, the thing poured black smoke out for at least a good 10-15 minutes until all the crap burned out of it. Is yours doing something similar?

5. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    If you are idling for excessive periods it will slobber and then smoke once under load. 80K mileage means nothing at this point, it is the age and engine hours that are probably very high. If the blowby is excessive I would suspect a scored liner.

6. Yves kanevil

Yves kanevil Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Nighthawk
    Skored liner or piston rings worn past there tolerance.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.