Dump Truck Business

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by pilot8251w, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    In all seriousness if you'd consider relocating see if there is any work in Northern states for trucks with snowplows or sanders . Trucks are also used to haul off snow that loaders pick up along curbs in cities and from parking lots . Used plows can be bought cheap . Here's an example of rates . http://lynnfieldma.virtualtownhall.net/Pages/LynnfieldMA_DPW/2009 snow plow rates . There are snowplow forums you can Google

Bobtailcapt'n Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PanzerFaust

PanzerFaust Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Hello,

I am new to trucking and I was asked by a friend in the Philippines to find a new 20 ton capacity dump truck. I had done some research and I found a Freightliner M2 112 Dump truck. Here are some of the general specs:

M2 112 CONVENTOINAL CHASSIS 2010 MODEL YEAR SPECIFIED EXPECTED FRONT AXLE(S) LOAD: 18,000LBS EXPECTED REAR DRIVE AXLE(S) LOAD: 40000LBS EXPECTED GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT CAPACITY: 58000LBS

MBE4000-450 12.8L 450 HP # 1900RPM, 2000 GOV RPM, 1650 LB/FT # 1200 RPM

My question is will this truck run in the Philippines? The available diesel in the Philippines is low sulfur diesel (500ppm).

Thank you for any help that you can provide.

4. broncrider

broncrider Road Train Member

it probaly wouldnt run very well

any engine that is 2007 epa compliant is designed to run only ultra low sulfer diesel......and isnt the M2 a medium truck?

find a 4 axle, used kw with a cat

5. PanzerFaust

PanzerFaust Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Thank you for that information. I have called a few manufacturers and told them the uses of the truck, (haul soil, dirt, rocks), was told it took low sulphur diesel and not ultra low sulphur diesel so this is what they came up with. I also have a budget of around $100,000 for each truck. If this truck won't run well with the fuel, would there be an attachment to add to the existing engine to allow it to run on low sulphur diesel? Or is there a manufacturer that still builds trucks with pre 2007 epa compliant engines?

Thank you for your patience as I am very new to the trucking industry.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  6. Randy66

Randy66 Bobtail Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Forest Grove Oregon
    Do not buy a dump truck with air ride. Your truck looks good but the box is too big
    even for a 4 axle.
    I love the Peterbuilt 335 I,m driving. Hauls 17 ton legally. It,s slower than S@@t but we don,t have to go fast in town do we? I just don,t understand why we have to buy dumptrucks that go fast. With airide you,ll be constantly stuck in the mud too and unstable with that big box in the air even if you dump the bags.

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  7. Gonzo_

Gonzo_ Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Clayton, NC
    I drove a Pete very similar to the one pictured.. What kind of work are you going to do with it?? If your doing pretty much all asphault & sand it'll be good.. BUt.. if you plan on hauling big stone, demo, big stumps ect.. the alum. body won't take the punishment. I noticed it has no scuttles in the tailgate.. I found them realy handy doing asphault..

The truck also has alum. rims.. nice but I had problems with them breaking... SO.. off came the nice shiney alum. & switched to the good old 5 spoke.. (Lot less rim problems going off road..) Alum on the steers wasn't so bad.. Air ride is nice, you have to be careful in loose sand.. It'll start hopping and poof.. your stuck in 1/2 a heartbeat..haha

But it is nice.. You just have to dump your airbags whenever you put your body up!! VERY IMPORTANT!!

As for the 18 speed.. They're great! (In a perfect world, and specing a new truck.. today I would seriously consider getting a auto shift!) The auto makes staying under the asphault mill too easy.. I tested out a freightshaker with auto shift and it was great.. The 18 is a tough tranny, However if you do not shift it the propper way and get rough w/ it.. It'll cost you big $$! Ya have to drive it smoothly.. No grinding gears, be careful when splitting.. allow the tranny to work, don't rush it and slam your foot down on the throttle and bang it into gear.. things will break and bend.. Kinda hard to beat a 8speed LL for dump work, simple yet tough.. The 18 is great, but not for a student or careless driver!

8. kgb44

kgb44 Bobtail Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Looking for a Full time dump truck job. I have 4 years experience in driving dump with trailer for paving company. Please send me a PM if you have any work or leads on work. I have a perfect driving record, no points, accidents, etc... I am very dependable. Willing to work day and night.

9. Bigarmin88

Bigarmin88 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Tampa Bay Fl
    Where n north nj are you at?I know few here in eastern Pa.

10. kgb44

kgb44 Bobtail Member

Nov 10, 2009
    I am in Mahwah.

11. Bigarmin88

Bigarmin88 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Tampa Bay Fl
    Dont know where your at.How far are you from eastern Pa like phille and allentown/i78.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.