Dump truck school in houston?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Stixxx2316, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Stixxx2316

Stixxx2316 Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Houston Texas
    Or concrete mixer driver school ? I got everything to study for class b but i dont know how to drive standards. Any advice thx!

Voodoo Pyg Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Yeah i've heard of those schools and known people to have spent 1000's of $ on a course only to apply for jobs and companies just say have you driven such and such and when you say no that's tough however it is all about the numbers if you keep knocking and asking eventually someone may hire you, i have personally found the mining industry to be full of nepotism, jobs for family and friends.

4. Stixxx2316

Sep 28, 2015
    Houston Texas
    How are they with felons ? My felony only 9 months old for agg assault and retaliation with a pistol type felony

5. lots of character

lots of character Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2015
    Get onboard with farms dude. Drive beets, corn, hay barley whatever, then get your class A on your own accord.

6. Stixxx2316

Sep 28, 2015
    Houston Texas
  7. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    Hi there. My cousin and I both have class A CDLs. He drives for Knife River out of Beaumont, Tx where as I don't for reasons unknown. He had a few misdemeanors on his record but he has a job though he had no experience with them. He was trained there and is working overtime now and then. Now I do believe with any FMC job, felonies have to be over 10 years old but try anyway. But in that industry, the best way to go is bulk cement hauling. Just a little more cash in your wallet. Good luck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.