dynasys apu cutting out

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Offroadjack, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Offroadjack

Offroadjack Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2012
    I was wondering for those that have the Dynasys APU. does your compresser cut out a lot?
    Mine will be cooling the truck down, the cut out for 15 or so min. then about 30 min. later cut off
    for another 15 min. so by the time it starts to keep the truck cool it kicks back off.
    and how does yours cool.. I have a Volvo 780 its green so not to dark.
    but if it 85 out side it will cool to about 74 then cut out and go up to 90 before it will come back on
    thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. C.C.Rider

C.C.Rider Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Have had for over a year with no problems. It has done everything its supposed to including low battery alert. I found that when the air kicks on it will run the fan periodically before the compressor kicks in. With both the heat and air the unit will usually start when the temperature in the cab gets 2 degrees above thermostat setting and will kick off 2 degrees below. Adjust thermostat to get the most comfortable temp. Hope this helps

Offroadjack Thanks this.
  4. Offroadjack

Jun 19, 2012
    well I can have it set at 75 with it being 85 outside and it wont get the temp that low
    but the compresser will still cut off and stay off for 15 to 30 min.
    by then its 90 inside how cold would it bring your temp down too? in summer
    and what kind of truck?

5. C.C.Rider

C.C.Rider Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Guess you need to have it looked at, it shouldn't do that. Mine will freeze you out and go as low as 59 if I set it there. 2006 peterbilt 379

6. Offroadjack

Jun 19, 2012
    ya I guess I will thanks for the reply

7. youngbucktrucker

youngbucktrucker Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2015
    I have heard that from a few Dynasys owners. apparently the new "SL" one has an auto compressor though.......got rid of the other kind. now it can really freeze me out.......:cool:

8. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    That's because its a totally different system. Mine is 4 years and 3 months old, never a compressor problem. This guy needs to get his Ac system checked, nothing not normal with any Ac system from time to time

9. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    06 kw t600, I can cool to 59 i middle of summer in south. I do 9ut the silver window shade that I cut fit, and have those heat generating windows on this aero dyne. Sleeper taken carecof also, get the system checked, sounds a bit of low freon

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.