E logs will prevent this

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Dave_in_AZ, May 28, 2016.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    Is it just me or does it seem like there has been MORE of these nasty pile ups since e logs?

tsavory and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  4. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    It's just so typical of the way our society has become. The unknowing person, and God only knows the leftist press, thinks e logs will stop these kinds of events.
    E logs were put in place because of all the street urchins the mega's puppy milled into trucking that were too galactically stupid to drive a truck let alone keep a legit log book.

7-UP Thanks this.
  5. 379exhd

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    Heard that. Just seems that all I've seen lately is truck accidents from some moron on an elog.

It's revenue and nothing more a few large companies stand to make a hell of a lot of money off elogs, and it'll kill what a truck can do as well so it wouldn't surprise me if freight started going back to the rails.

It's pathetic, at times I wish trucking went back to regulation in some aspects like the rates so it was a fair playing field.

Mega carriers still say it's fair but when I put fuel in Thursday I paid 2.129/gallon which was at an independent chain in nebraska saps down the road was 2.349 you're not going to tell me werner is paying anywhere near 2.349/gallon they're probably paying about .999/gallon.

I'd like to pay what they pay for a new truck and trailer too but we all know that isn't going to happen.

Dave_in_AZ and BoostedTeg Thank this.
  6. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    But people running paper logs lie and cheat on the Hours of Service big time,
    An ELOG is just an electric copy of the drivers duty status, I can drive 16 hours straight on elogs, I can also drive way past my 14 hours,
    But the elog saves and shows the violation where a paper log can be created later to show no violations.
    The paper log people have nothing to fear about elogs.
    14 hours is a long enough work day
    11 hours is enough driving for a day
    And the 10 hour break is a great amount of time off to goof off, sleep and stretch before the next workday.
    There is no excuse to ever drive tired,

7. 379exhd

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    I don't really see the difference between your company editing an elog to give a driver more hours and a driver ripping a page out, and redoing it to give himself more hours.

14 hours needs to go out the window completely,
    11 hours needs to be cut back to 10
    10 hours needs to go back to 8 and be able to be split,

And accidents will be cut in half, and I'd legally be able to drive approx. 15 hours a day for long haul and everybody would be happy...things would get done a lot faster as well.

Elogs need to disappear, an extra $1200/year is something I shouldn't have to pay just for a subscription to an elog that I don't need, and I shouldn't be forced to install on in a truck when I have a safety score that's lower than that of all mega carriers.

8. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    In order for the system to be approved by the DOT, any edits have a notation attached in the file system. If a company is audited, these edits are visible. Everyone seems to think that these companies just wave a magic wand and poof, more hours.

9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    ELogs? No. New current HOS rules? Perhaps. There is a lot of other new factors to consider besides eLogs. Mainly just huge increases truck and general motorists volume, as well as smartphone distraction in every truck now.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  10. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    You have your own numbers right? You need to join NASTC. $500 year. You'll save that in fuel cost in two weeks or less.

11. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    You can't edit line 3.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.