e-logs??

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by blacklabel, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I'm not sure how everybody runs their truck. I get up the same time everyday and sleep the same time. So after driving my 10 or 11 hours im ready to stop and shower and eat and sleep.

I also don't take a load that loads in the morning then requirs 600 miles the same day because i already know thats not enought time. I like 1800 miles in 3 day or 2400 in 4 day runs. I can even do load that are less then 600 a day if I want to.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. carrkool

carrkool Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2012
    adah, pa
    Yep you are so right. I even went out and try elog before i made my points on it. When you get up and hit that onduty not drivng to flag your pre trip 14 hours later you better be parked for 10.

Bandit You are right they did pass the new laws but there is a federal request issued to suspend them intill further testing can be done. The fact that they passed this law just shows more and more that the FMCSA relizes they messed up when they took away the 5 and 5 rule. If you dont know what that rule is than here you go. You could drive 5 hours and take 5 hours off. it was your split sleeper birth rule. it allowed drivers to get that extra rest they needed or to wait out bad traffic and what not and still be safe and get the jobs done.

I dont know about all of you, but i get worried when i am at a truck stop. Since the current rules came out and elogs got big truck stops start filling up around 5 pm by 7 you cant find a spot. If for some reason i am at one i cant get to sleep myself. I am to worried that someone is going to hit something or someone. Than come the am you have ALL those trucks hitting the road at the same time. Now if they do run with this new law its going to be even worse. example truck stop emties out at 6 am. 8 hours later all those trucks have to stop for a 30 minute break. imagine what a mess thats going to be. heck by the time you get in a spot it will be time to roll again and get those next 2 hours done. so now if you are doing long hauls and running 10 days you have to run an extra 30 minutes everyday. just what we need more dead time to wear out a driver. 30 minutes really what good will that do....I wish that these law makers would come out on the road for a month. I would personal take them with me. I would run a week or 2 by the books making them stay up with me wait with me load with me the works. than run 2 weeks my way and see how much better they feel running how i run......what law they pass really dont matter to me. i will stand against it, but if it fails to get removed ill just write down the location and mileage and still get down the road.....like i do now....lol

4. carrkool

May 10, 2012
    adah, pa
    yea thats the probem elogs cant do short loads. but they pay so #### good so much of the time. I get 600 mile loads that pay up to 3.50 to 4 a mile.....

5. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Why blame the elog or the HOS. Why not blame the people that are pushing the driving limits so close. That's the shipper. They are the one that need to learn we have HOS to comply with no matter what goes wrong[
    When do we draw the line and say no. I'm not driving more then the law says? Even if you don't like the law

I like to ask people if someone they know got kill by a truck drive and maybe he was only 1 hour over HOS. Would they say, that ok because the driver was trying to make and extra$$. I don't think anybody would.say that.

UOTE=carrkool;3134306]yea thats the probem elogs cant do short loads. but they pay so #### good so much of the time. I get 600 mile loads that pay up to 3.50 to 4 a mile.....[/QUOTE]

6. landstar8891

landstar8891 Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    Again.Truckers are the safest on the highway.Four wheelers cause more wrecks and dealth by far..This is FACT..Calling truckers highway killers is a great excuse to further the government agenda...3 million safe here and counting doing MY WAY...I for one do not need DOT Diapers and Landstar Diapers telling me how to drive my truck in a safe operation...That is fact..

7. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    The HOS laws are like 83 years old. Now people are acting like the government is doing something new. Why start driving a truck if you don't like the idea of them telling what you can or can't do.. You cant drive 100mph if you feel like it. Their are lots of thing we can't do. Why is the EOBR and running legal something people cant accept??

QUOTE=landstar8891;3134378]Again.Truckers are the safest on the highway.Four wheelers cause more wrecks and dealth by far..This is FACT..Calling truckers highway killers is a great excuse to further the government agenda...3 million safe here and counting doing MY WAY...I for one do not need DOT Diapers and Landstar Diapers telling me how to drive my truck in a safe operation...That is fact..[/QUOTE]

8. carrkool

May 10, 2012
    adah, pa
    When do we draw the line Really. Do you realize that transportation is the only industry that is regualted on how much someone can work. You can go get 5 jobs working 20 hours a day. 7 days a week. Now tell me that that is safe. Imagine some cunstruction worker using a forklift after hes been up all night working 2 other jobs and now is driving around a job site with people walking around left and right. If the Goverment has their way trucking would be gone. You should worry about HOS thats what controls your income. And to blame a shipper because they want a load in one day when its 500 or 600 miles is just plain stupid. 600 miles a day is easy. heck at 500 my butt is just getting going. Yes i can see the need to control someone from driving 24 hours straight but i have also been there and done that. Try running from pittsburgh to washington and back stopping only for fuel and to unload and reload. did it for a while. heck of a week there. yea i sit here now and think how stupid it was and how lucky i got, but to make laws where a driver is lucky to turn 500 miles a day is stupid.

You say your not driving more than the laws allows. Well look at the last 15 years and how much has changed in the HOS another 15 and you will be working 5 hour day. You going to sit back and relax the rest of the day and go broke. Yea i blame elogs and the goverment. I also blame drivers who want stand and fight the system. I fight everyday. I send letters out to every stated and to the Federal goverment atleast once a week. Fighting the HOS rules Fighting Tax increases Fighting fuel prices. I have even stop the PA turnpike for 12 hours and protested fuel prices. only cost me 2500 bucks in fines which got dropped in court.

If you still have not figured out the Elogs are for goverment control and unsafe than you still have not learned that trucking is just a source of income for state and federal goverments and they dont care about safety. They care about dollars. Thats why if you look back and put 1 and 1 together you will see that everytime these changes come is when something changes in the industry that cost them money. example Use to be that speeding tickets where a good source of money, now so many trucks are cut at 65 that they have to find other things to go for. BS inspection failures log book violations so on. but than elog came and they lost money on the logs so now more bs inspection failures. Like the one they just try to get me intill i call 911. The cop tried to give me a ticket for a light out that was not out. he had inspected my whole truck and trailer and could not find anything so than he writes up a light out ticket. I picked up my cell called 911 and request a trooper for a haressing officer on site. they sent out 2 cars. when the cops got there I asked them if the light was out and they said no why. the dot cop walks up and ask why they are there and i asked to see the ticket. show the cops and they laugh and ask if they need their info for court. the dot cop gets in his car and leaves......its a BS world out here on the road where the goverment wants everything they can get and will stop at nothing.

SO if you still think that the HOS is about safety than i can't help you

9. landstar8891

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    Running so called ''legal'' still does not make you any safer or a better driver than the next guy...Why is that so hard to understand..

I am thinking this word ''LEAGAL'' makes people feel important when they vebalize it..It's the new macho word in trucking.I am thinking people feel very honored,adored and better than when they say the word ''legal''..Somehow this makes people feel like they are doing the right thing.I am sure it is the later of the three.In any case it's just a word people toss around to make them feel special....ATTA BOY..

10. carrkool

May 10, 2012
    adah, pa
    Very true Landstar. I would much rather be ILLEGAL and know my limits and get the job done safely than be LEGAL and get pushed and hurt or kill myself or god forbid someone else.

11. landstar8891

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    All we have to do is watch them down the highway these days.We will see the majority of the wrecks and unsafe drivers are ones with E-LOGS.I love the guys in the fuel stops honking there horn and running to pay for there fuel and then running to get in there truck and running 60MPH through the truck stop and grinding gears.Then they hurry to get on the highway and are pushed and stressed...:biggrin_2559:....Thats ''SAFE''.:biggrin_2551:..Meanwhile i am relaxed having my coffee and watching the carnival come through the truck stop.....:biggrin_25525:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.