Eagle logistics / celadon

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Ftti, Sep 27, 2015.

1. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    The lye, it burns!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CarlosTheDangerous

CarlosTheDangerous Light Load Member

Aug 24, 2013
    Hey now. No need to be caustic.

TB John and scottlav46 Thank this.
  4. shadowchasertransport

shadowchasertransport Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Tybee Island.Ga
    The problem I see is the lease driver pays everything including cargo insurance but only gets 75% of Tue pay!!! Wtf makes sense about that? You are losing 25% of the fuel surcharge as well but yet you pay 100% of the fuel cost, also you lose 25% of the linehaul bit find your own loads...wtf? The president of the company that little 30 something year old guy is laughing all the way to the bank. Someone should smack him is his mouth.

5. raydog123

raydog123 Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2015
    My wife stopped me. It does no good talking to them.

shadowchasertransport Thanks this.
  6. Shawnsooner

Shawnsooner Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2015
    The sandbox
    Some of you don't get the percentage game. Why are you running 3,000 miles you can make more and run less.

scottlav46 Thanks this.
  7. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Shorter runs dont always pay more, same as long runs dont always pay less. Let people make their own choices on how they do things. Doesnt concern you

8. Shawnsooner

Aug 17, 2015
    The sandbox
    Slow your roll sir. Not even talking about runs per say. After I saw y'all s fixed cost he'll you'd have to run those miles maybe.

9. Shawnsooner

Aug 17, 2015
    The sandbox
    Dam I lease through quality and bring home 2/3,000 a week more 2,000 than 3,000 .

10. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    wasnt directing my post towards you specifically, just those haters out there. I know several individuals with Eagle running W9's and Lonestars that know their operating costs and are doing very well. I know a few who have gone through Quality and are with Mercer and are doing really well. Then I know people who are with both and cant make #### happen because they constantly go home, and they constantly sit waiting for those great paying loads rather than take a lesser paying load to get out of those areas to preposition for a better paying rate. Those guys are the ones who are having a tough time and are failing.
    I know what I have to have monthly to meet my bills at home. My cars are paid for. All I have is $2785 a month in home expenses for my family to live on. Thats to survive and not have to worry about bills or food. Me on the truck, I can live off $100 a week if I eat on the truck.
    Yeah the program isnt perfect, the truck/trailer/carrier expenses are fairly high, but the program is better than most out there, and within certain aspects you can move onto another carrier that Quality has an agreement with.
    I know some will look at this set up and condemn us for working too hard, or paying way to much for the truck or getting ripped off on FSC, or even allowing the company to take too much of the revenue off the top. But that is the name of the game, it will take hard work and struggle to make it work, but in the end, its about doing what you got to do to make it work for you. Not everyone can make it work, but for those that do, the end result is owning the truck.

Sneakerfix and ssgstriker Thank this.
  11. Shawnsooner

Aug 17, 2015
    The sandbox
    I agree with you on that. Not hating I'm in the same boat .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.