Eagle Logistics female drivers beware

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by sickoftheliars, May 29, 2015.

1. average joe

average joe Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Yeah , you want the job find a way to get to work. The only reason companies pay your transportation is because they are desperate for warm bodies. Apply at any ltl see if they offer transportation.

Shaggy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. average joe

Jan 11, 2009
    You think it was
    It has only been a practice since they started using warm bodies for drivers, it hasn't been that long ago nobody offered transportation or lodging. The only "tool" is a person that would ride a bus half way across the country to apply for a minimum wage job.

ChaoSS Thanks this.
  4. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Thank you average joe...
    Fact is :these trucking companies can not stay in business WITHOUT drivers period!
    The problem is of course they don't want to pay, so they can't keep drivers in their equipment
    ( nobody wants to work for welfare wages) ... So these companies are consistently hiring fresh meat to replace the ones that quit
    .... They would be much better off just coming to the carpet with the drivers with a fair wage
    .... The red flag for me is a desperate trucking company
    Any company worth it's weight doesn't need to beg for drivers
    ... So why in the world would I waste my time traveling 500 miles away, going through their program, then go to work for them and then find out later... I can't afford to pee around with the company anymore
    ... And then on top of all this the driver is thrown under the bus, left to find their own way home and being half broke to pay for a bus ticket home or face truck abandonment on dac report....
    Folks.... " THIS IS A TRAP "
    All can do is shake my head at these uninformed rookie drivers that have to find out the hard way instead of looking before they jump at the bait pile these companies are putting out there

DustyRoad Thanks this.
  5. DustyRoad

DustyRoad Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Gulf of Mexico
    National Based Carriers are desperate to keep seats filled. And with that said, sometimes recruiters will say just enough to hook a Driver ( male or female) into attending orientation. Free single room and meals plus a free ride to their Terminal, (Same story being tossed around for years). Only to some drivers it is a last hope to make a living to ride a bus from California to some hick town back east. Anyway, if the bus ride is over a 1000 miles, the "company", may sometimes offer a plane ticket, then only pay the difference between the bus and the plane fare. Some guys even opt to drive to orientation and wait for a reimbursement for the fuel expenses or paid a base rate per mile. There are many ways to get to Orientation. Getting home is often up the the driver as he/she is responsible for their own ticket home. So it actually could wind up costing a driver more to go through orientation than what a recruiter may or may not tell the interested applicant. Oh and by the way, the driver is not actually hired....they are screened. The drivers are actually hired only after all the Federal Requirements and Testing. In Reality, they are not responsible for getting you to or from their Facility, as commonly misunderstood that the ride is free.....( in some cases the driver will be billed all expenses including DOT Exam and Room should he or she quit before the 90 day probation). My advise is to ask the important questions and get it all put in writing or emailed before agreeing to attend the hiring process or orientation as it is commonly referred.

6. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    The original post was only to express a feeling of not being treated fairly with regards to transportation to orientation for new recruits. She should have checked into the company practice first because maybe they bus all "newbies" within a certain distance and fly anyone over that limit. If all comments were related to just that post it would be more helpful than to try and bring down or ridicule the OP for being a female or new hire. I'm sure she feels like she was singled out but without all the facts no one can try and blame her for her feelings. We all should just answer the questions posted and not go off on a personal platform. You're not running for political office.

7. average joe

Jan 11, 2009
    Perhaps if ALL of the facts were known it would be easier, did the other person pay for his/her flight? OP probably doesn't know or care to share,like most things posted here and elsewhere the rest of the story would be helpful. That said it still a bad idea to put all of your belongings in a garbage bag and travel across country for a job.

superflow and born&raisedintheusa Thank this.
  8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    So EVERY OTR job that's out there, that might require travel to get to orientation, is a bad outfit, only out to screw potential drivers? So EVERY LTL company is a great company, who will hire a newbie, right out of training?

Interesting.....

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  9. average joe

Jan 11, 2009
    You missed the point, if they are such good jobs why do they spend millions on recruiting? No not every ltl is a good job ,some suck,but they don't offer travel or sign on bounses. If it is such a good deal why advertise? If it were a good deal word of mouth would keep seats filled. But to answer yes most are bad deals.

10. truckerlife74

truckerlife74 Medium Load Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Charlotte nc
    Wow some folks go through a lot in this industry. Things I would have never imagine prior to trucking. Gl op

11. bigrob301

bigrob301 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Waldorf,MD
    Idk know but I wouldn't want a teammate that just got he's cdl a little skittish

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.