Eagle Logistics Services

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by lildudef150, Dec 11, 2014.

1. MiracleTransport30

MiracleTransport30 Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Moss Point, MS
    Well I did the lease and only stayed 5 weeks...DONT DO IT!!!

trucker43 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hanif1198

Hanif1198 Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Columbus,Ga
  4. MiracleTransport30

MiracleTransport30 Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Moss Point, MS
    You don't get the miles...the loads are brokered which means you don't get good paying loads. Its a big joke...

5. EddieForHire

EddieForHire Light Load Member

Jan 26, 2014
    Carlisle, PA
    Plenty of guys getting great rates like $3.00+ a mile for 400-600 mile loads, $5.00 a mile for short loads. The money is there and you can broker these loads right off the load boards, there is no excuse to not make good money. Unless you let your DM find all of your loads and you run terrible/low paying areas. These rates I just mentioned are for Dry Van, I'd image reefer freight pays even better. Oh and they just got setup to run Schneider and JB Hunt loads. No reason to pull bs $1.40 a mile freight. Those cheap rates equal death to a lease purchase driver.

6. kingedward

kingedward Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2015
    I know are 2 drivers with this company.rode with one.you have option to pick load.if fleet manager chooses your load you really won't see what load is really paying..attn: Drivers stop hauling cheap freight.loads that go Northeast pays big money from the south..don't under bid a load.1200 miles you should gross $2800 to $4500..if you do 1200 miles for $900 or something similar you're running and leasing for nothing and will not suçceed.4 good trips a week you're good.make $2000 and up a week.Reefer trailers make even more.NO CHEAP FREIGHT DANG.

trucker43 and Roadrunner CEO Thank this.
  7. kingedward

kingedward Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2015
    Learn how to fuel as well.1200 miles for $600 yes it's Eagle Logistics services but Celadon gives $100 back.fsc fuel surcharge..do not fill trucks up for every trip.plan right save and you can go home and still have a life other than the road.NO CHEAP FREIGHT..

trucker43 and Roadrunner CEO Thank this.
  8. Hazdunk

Hazdunk Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Hows it going working foe eagle logisticd?

9. Roadrunner CEO

Roadrunner CEO Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Well been here for the last 2 days and here is the basic breakdown. lease is 5 years on a newish truck and trailer. the basic breakdown on the numbers is average payment weekly before fuel cost is around 1150. the real numbers vary based on the drivers ability to run and watch fuel cost. the list of avail. trucks change daily so once your on hire status meaning your full on employed here then you can pick a truck. if your looking to go reefer side the wait for a trailer is on back order upto 3 months. there is some new trucks most are used. Peters are for flatbeds so if your going dry or reefer forget about getting a pete. there are some frieghtshakers and volvos but most of the trucks avail at this moment today is '12 and '13 prostars (some are maxforces <------yeah i know sucks) others are cummings. There are KW t660, t700 and some t680's but the 680s are going quick so if your wanting something similar then the t 700 would be a second looker. Lonestars are becoming more common as a truck of choice as are the new prostars.

Pay is as follows 70% ontime (van/reefer side) 65% late
    flatbead 75% ontime 65% late. yes there is a fuel surcharge but it is factored into the total payout to the truck it do not show it. current factor rate is base 2.05 for van 2.35 for reefer and 2.65 or better for flatbed. all the rate flucx so thats just a based average. what I do understand is that reefer is the busy side at the moment as it seems to always be. I don't want to say more then that but there is more info that I'm happy to pass on if I know what your looking for if its more detailed in questions. Brokerage is more or less you do it yourself and if its regular broker you know and they are not contracted with eagle then let your ops manager know and they will get a contract set up.

This company is truly geared into allowing you to be an owner op and choose your loads rather then just take what is offered. Find out for yourself don't just take other peoples words. I will say keep your mind open a little on the type of truck and the age as the newer truck you want the longer the wait it will be. Good luck to everyone and please feel free to email me @ estjude10181981@gmail.com with subject line showing eagle questions so i know it is not junk mail.

Best of Luck,
    Edward S.
    StJude Services Transport Logistics
    S.S.T.L.LLC

trucker43 Thanks this.
  10. madhatter12

madhatter12 Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Can anyone give me an update on Eagle

11. Roadrunner CEO

Roadrunner CEO Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Yea Celadon is the parent company due to the financial front they put for them. As far as everything else no Celadon has no part in the freight or such.

trucker43 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.