Eagle logistics services

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by 82ndairbornetrucker, Jun 21, 2015.

1. bigrob301

bigrob301 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Waldorf,MD
    260 per week lease 75 insurance

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    The 90 days everyone knows about that don't make things up if your going to post be 100% with it as far as guys waiting for days you have a choice when I go to a bad area I take one day and if I cannot cover my cost I am dead heading out of their I don't run for them to make money an load that I am losing money on don't stay there for four days an less you on the beach get moving

4. 1fromvegas

1fromvegas Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2015
    Cpl pieces of advice 1st off..
    A. Try to get a Benson trailer, their are a few out there and you will be much much much happier. The Fontaine will tear your straps if you don't protect them properly.
    B. Decide if you want a used or new truck before you sign..
    I was told by a quality guy only a 579/lone star/ or a w900... This is not the case... They have some beautiful 2011 volvos that have 305000 mileage this should've been my choice.
    C. You are a business owner, act like it!!!!
    I just left a very good company in which I was paying 1100 a week for truck, ins, maintenance. Etc..
    So here I am w the same note but owning a trlr.....I've had 5 paychecks, 1 under 2000.. It was 1845….. I've been dispatched 2 times...I'm an overly motivated business owner, and take being loaded with high dollar quality freight very serious.
    I delivered last Mon in wheeling at 7 am. I already had 2 loads per booked running me into the wknd, and reloading on sun w a Tues 6 am delivery in Chicago.
    Anyone on the flatbed side that can't make it, well, as stated in an earlier post, is prolly a good company driver.
    If anyone needs help while here at eagle. Pm me, I'll be happy to give you some great contact#s for steel coils or other high end freight...

wihusker13, Sneakerfix and ch82 Thank this.
  5. ch82

ch82 Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Good info. I am flying out Monday to Indy for Eagle flatbed.

6. truckin4life76

truckin4life76 Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2012

Lol.. sounds like a bunch of rookies. . What about pkates..permits..fuel tax . Heavy use tax.. maintenance. .escrow.. lol. Forgot a few things didnt ya?

7. MCET

MCET Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2015
    Sat for over a week looking for loads many many times?????? sounds like you are with the wrong company if you are sitting.......28 years owner / op here

certain companies are only allowed specific models to choose from, just because quality has them doesn't mean you are allowed to get one

heavy use tax is NEVER the companies responsibility nor will a company deduct from settlements to make the HUV tax payment. where do you come up with this stuff??? you, as an owner op can choose the amounts to go into escrow, maintenance or any other accounts you choose. none of that is the companies responsibility. if you don't want any deductions then you wont have any.....a bad choice but entirely up to you. if you want the company to do all these things then be a company driver if you cant manage your own financial success

I know its part of celadon, just as quality leasing is part of celadon

the kind where they don't check for narcotics use......you are good to go.. ;)

guess im confused.....if you have been dispatched twice then how have you ended up with 5 paychecks????

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2015
  8. bad apple

bad apple Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2012
    In

guess im confused.....if you have been dispatched twice then how have you ended up with 5 paychecks????[/QUOTE]
    He obviously brokered all his own loads except 2.....duh....

9. MCET

MCET Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2015
    if he is leased onto eagle log then he cant broker his own loads, he has to go thru eagle since that is whos dot number and authority he is running under. duh!! first week out here doing this is it???

10. truckin4life76

truckin4life76 Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2012

Actually ..duh... u can broker your own loads under their mc#
    I have done it vefore in past. Set up booked got rate sheet etc.. so it can be done... but... eagle has to approve it

11. 1fromvegas

Jan 3, 2015
    I actually used the landstar board for all my loads....and obviously u have to use their mc#

12. 1fromvegas

Jan 3, 2015
    Must be a company driver ay

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.