Eagle Transport (Gas Haulers)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by SmokeMac, Jan 31, 2009.

1. SmokeMac

SmokeMac Medium Load Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    We are a little slow, but am still scratching out a living. I had a good week last week and it seems like some guys are calling out sick. When it I have a real slow night I just say the hell with complete my work then go to the Titty bar. You got to love local work.
    That Roll Over was tragic. There was a fatality involved in it. This hasn't been a good year for Eagle Transport we have had 5 Roll Overs. I know 2 of the Roll Overs were done by Million Milers. 2 others were driven by 5 year or more veterans. Stay Safe

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Phantom 69

Phantom 69 Light Load Member

Aug 10, 2009
    SC
    Lol..i hear u on the shoe models..usually don't hear anything on tank rollovers..it a van you always see upside down.With the holidays right around the corner,things may pickup for you guys..Becareful out there,Smoke..

4. SmokeMac

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    It is a little slow right now, been going up to N. Augusta to get loads and only pulling them 3/4 s of the way back. At least I get a a load part of the way up there.
    Being retired Military I enjoy the slow months and catch up on rest, for when it gets busy.

5. SmokeMac

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Having me a Titty bar week. If it is slow I say the hell with it and go to the Titty bar and enjoy myself. I was talking to a Schneider driver who was telling me that they were slow and he was only bring home $300 a week. Granted I don't pay for health insurance but bring home $400 a week and giving up your life, the heck with that. I will bring home over $600 and be at home every night plus get to go to the Titty bar, trying to boost the local economy

6. Phantom 69

Aug 10, 2009
    SC
    Lol..I hear you!I see the Spartanburg terminal is running an ad on monster.com..Guess a few drivers moved on eleswhere during the slow period..Freight is a bit slow.Hate to see what its gonna be like Jan to March,during the normally slow months for the trucking industry..I may be joining you in the Titty bar..Save me a seat..:)

7. SmokeMac

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    I am scared that with it being slow they will send me to N. Augusta to get loads. I don't make as much per hour as I do being local. I make more at the end of the night going to N Augusta but have no shot at getting to the Titty bar if that makes any sense
    Phantom if you are interested in getting into Gas Hauling this is the time of year to get into it with it being slow. It will give you an opportunity to learn the store locations with out being under the gun.

8. SmokeMac

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    I thought I was going to have a bad week, I always anticipate making my money on Saturday nights because there are only 2 of us working but I had a kick but night that gave me alright money for the week.

9. SmokeMac

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    I hope every one had a happy Thanksgiving, I had a big night Wednsday night so I will have a decent week. I didn't get home until 0530 HRS Thursday morning and didn't get into the bed after 6. At 0930 my 7 year old decided he just couldn't watch the parade with out me and wasn't hearing that #### I needed to sleep. So I was tried as heck Thursday night thank God I only had 3 loads

10. Phantom 69

Aug 10, 2009
    SC
    Copy that..according to Eagle's website,you guys are dispatched via computer..Are directions and store layout apart of that system? I've delivered auto and boat parts up north and I know it can be a pain to get in and out of some places..But if you're running the same route,that makes it better..gonna renew my cdl and get finger printed this month..I hope with all the years pulling a van,tanker companys dont hold that against me..Thanks, Smoke

11. Phantom 69

Aug 10, 2009
    SC
    Doing my best to use this phone to send reply,since i'm out touring the U.S..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.