Earl L. Henderson Trucking/Salem,IL

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by innercity outlaw, Nov 1, 2011.

1. whitelinequeen

whitelinequeen Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2012
    SW Washington
    I have been driving for Henderson through an o/o since Oct. 2013. The dealings I have had with office personnel and dispatch have been positive.

As an inexperienced driver, I ask more than my share of questions. The shop has been most helpful wwhenever I have called on them.

No company is perfect, but Henderson has been a good experience for me.

desperado75 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kjensen5

Kjensen5 Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2014
    hey I appreciate all the comments before hand, I am leaving for Henderson on Monday and having my CDL for 2 years although only driving for B they are giving me a chance. Anyone know anything new about Henderson? has much changed or is it pretty much the same? I know there is good and bad with any company although just need a chance and some experience to support my family. Also is there a good amount of East coast runs? Thanks in advance for any feedback greatly appreciated!!

4. whitelinequeen

Jun 30, 2012
    SW Washington
    I have since left Henderson and have been driving for Central Refrigerated for about 6 months. My reasons for leaving had to do with the O/O I was driving for who was leased to them. He was a class A ####### and a liar to boot. That wasn't Henderson's fault.

In fact, I recently learned they caught on to his true colors and bounced him out of the company, so I still have a high opinion of them as a company.

desperado75 Thanks this.
  5. NEWROAD4444

NEWROAD4444 Bobtail Member

Oct 13, 2014
    So how is Henderson working out for you? Do they have "tag" axles? I am thinking of signing on there, but "tag" axles would be a deal killer for me, due to their tendency to get stuck when traction is poor.

6. whitelinequeen

Jun 30, 2012
    SW Washington

If you mean a drop axle, I never saw any in the time I drove for them. A lot of trucks had super singles, but I don't ever recall seeing a drop axle. Would suggest you ask about equipment available to company drivers. I drove a lease op spec'd tractor when I drove for them.

7. Darky

Darky Light Load Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Twentynine Palms, CA
    They were running super singles when I was there. Don't think I've ever seen an OTR tractor running a tag axle. Seen it on dumps, buses, etc.

8. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    I think he means tandem axles with power to just the front axle. The rear axle has no power to it, just for weight purposes. That's a very common set-up.

9. Darky

Darky Light Load Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Twentynine Palms, CA
    Ah, yeah, pretty much every truck I've had experience with only gives power to the front tandem axle until you hit the axle lock. Then it feeds both.

10. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Theyll both have a job in a week.

11. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014

You made 317,000 last year and I got ocean front
    property in Arizona.

tallinthesaddle4life Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.