Eaton Ultra Shift on Volvo, Pete, & KW

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Truckin Juggalo, Jun 27, 2007.

1. kenworth man

kenworth man Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2011
    medina,oh
    so what did they replace having same issues on 670 volvo with ultrashift

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. zam

zam Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Hi Did you get your truck fixed? What was wrong with it?

4. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2010
    NC
    What about just driving along and it goes into "fault" mode?? Ya have to put it N, stop and shut it off till it resets..dealer can't find anything wrong cause of course it doesn't do it when they have it..WTF

5. KW Parts Guy

KW Parts Guy Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Exactly what I was goin to mention, we keep 2 in stock at all times.

6. vpumpalova

vpumpalova Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2012
    CO
    sterling on top of updating the software in the ecm ???? I have a huge problem with the auto shifts volvo780, please help

7. 325TahoeSS

325TahoeSS Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Roma, Tx
    Any luck? I'm having problems with mine! It won't want to up shift or downshift sometimes! I took it in to Volvo dealer in Texas & they said there computer didn't show anything! They cleaned the battery terminals & charged me $300 bucks to clean my dam batteries! I'm so pissed I could just change the dam transmission to a manual one!

8. amaan

amaan Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2012
    i have 2007 volvo670 935000km 13spd eaton ultrashift it makes grinding noise when i am going over hills then down as the rpm picks up over the hump the fuel economy gauge goes to 20mpg to 25 then noise stops as it goes higher i belive it is the clutch as it is disengaging as truck is running free down hill the clutch is maybe not disengaging all the way checked by volvo and 5 other shops all parts of suspension leveling valve are good? any ideas what is actually causing this noise also since these transmission don't have filters it is recommended u change transmission oil every 500000km runs smoother after new oil.

9. lbwdrgr

lbwdrgr Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2012
    guys! the thread starts in 2007. you will have to try to message truckn juggalo, or e-mail. had the exact same thing happen on a sni truck I drove at the gordonsville va walmart dc. sni mechanics found no codes and kept putting it out to other drivers until they got tired of the #####'n. eventually put it on the dead line for good. frtlr columbia with the column paddle shifter. not just a volvo problem.

10. backroad bandit

backroad bandit Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Im havin the same problem i have a 06 780 volvo auto did you figure yours out cause im bout ready to go crazy......please help asap

11. bobeagle

bobeagle Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2011
    PLANO,TX
    I have a 2005 volvo 780 750k miles...having same problem. past 40 mph at 10th gear, bad grinding noise under driver cabin , sounds like tranny area. it shifts normally and smoothly but getting to 10th approaching 0ver 40 mph grinding begins. no codes.
    it has eaton fuller auto with clutch, do i need to change clutch or something? yoke or such. all u-joints are new..less than 6 mths old. i hate the thot of going to a volvo shop b'coz they are famous for MIS-diagnosis
    help guys, i fear whatever the grinding is ,...may mess tranny,, any ideas, experinces

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.