ECOTAZ =PERFORMANCE-Fuel Savings

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by The Real BRICKMAN, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ECOTAZ

ECOTAZ Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Thanks for your report on your first trip. 6.2 up from your average 5.5 is an increase of 12.7 percent. At a cost of $3.89 a gallon of diesel that is a .49 cent per gallon savings. I have to agree with you, that is Easy Sailing to your bank account.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ECOTAZ

ECOTAZ Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Not a silly question at all. Actually we recommend any engine over 475 hpr to use the ECO #5. If you tune-up to more HPR you already have the unit to handle the fuel. We have seen that sometimes the ECO #4 does not achieve the max performance that we expect. If you are running Hard or Heavy Loads and into hills or mountains I would recommend the ECO #5.

AfterShock Thanks this.
  4. The Real BRICKMAN

The Real BRICKMAN Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2008
    INDIANAPOLIS,INDIANA
    Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving . I made it home and have enjoyed spending time with the family. Have been pretty busy till the break my overal avg. since installing my Eco4 is 7.7 that is up from a avg 6.8 this avg is since I bought the truck 3yrs ago and have put on over 375 thou miles. I also would like to add that I have not changed my drivng style or speed, I drive the same as I have since I got this truck 3yrs.ago. My truck is a 2005 Volvo with a 400 hp Cummins ISX with 10 speed. I wish, I had installed my Eco4 when I got this truck could have payed for another truck just off the savings in 3 yrs . I will diffentally be installing them on every truck I own in the future! THANKS BEN:biggrin_25520:

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  5. The Real BRICKMAN

The Real BRICKMAN Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2008
    INDIANAPOLIS,INDIANA
    sorry i havn"t posted lately been busy , Have still been at 7.7 overal

some days with a few light loads in the last wk was in the 9s love that but I look at the big picture heavy light flat and grades and overall im right at 7.7 so far im very happy still going to try a few other things As a o/op I will always continue to try and get the best bang for my buck !

ECOTAZ and BigBadBill Thank this.
  6. Nevs

Nevs Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2010
    flyover country (Iowa)
    I haven't posted lately either. I'm having some engine issues, so it wouldn't be fair to post my mileage here lately. As soon as I get things sorted out, I will post again...

BigBadBill and ECOTAZ Thank this.
  7. 2hellandback

2hellandback Heavy Load Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Blackfoot Idaho
    Dam he should have given those free ones to runners like me . the ones that got em free aint movin.

papa1953, losttrucker and BigBadBill Thank this.
  8. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    OK, couple trips that I can compare before and after PLUS the difference from running my average 60-62 MPH and 67+ MPH.

Last spring did a load to AZ, 1800 miles without unit, 78K gross, 6.2 MPG. Couple weeks ago to AZ, 75K gross, 6.9 MPG.

Now got stuck in ice storm on way back so had to push it up to on the speed. 78K gross, 1825 miles, 5.8 mpg. In past when I ran fast I would see high 4's to low 5's.

ECOTAZ and SHC Thank this.
  9. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    I am up to 7.1mpg on my run, but I also have added a modified Bully Dog tune now so it helps a bit too. But the ecotaz really does work in my opinion.

ECOTAZ Thanks this.
  10. Nevs

Nevs Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2010
    flyover country (Iowa)

I'm still running 2500-3000 miles per week, I am just having some other issues with my engine. As I said, it wouldn't be a fair result to post my present mileage. And where did I say I wasn't moving???

ECOTAZ Thanks this.
  11. ECOTAZ

ECOTAZ Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Thanks Nevs for your Honesty! When testing the ECO-System you want to compare apples to apples. If you develop a mechanical or electrical problem that will effect your mileage, it is bestto correct it before proceeding with your testing - before installation as well as after installation of the ECO-System. This is the reason we like to test with Professional O/Ops. that know what they are doing. You get Real World Results!
    Thanks Again.
    ECOTAZ/Ben

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.