EL Hollingsworth Flint, MI

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by mobljoe, Jan 20, 2009.

1. btemefordboy

btemefordboy Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Hiawatha Ks
    They bought Flexway Trucking out if you call those trucks new then you need to come out of the cave you are in. Trucks have 700k-over million miles and are pieces of junk. They will offer you a new truck tell you that its the best one they have and its READY to go. Better off staying in the one you have cause it may be worse than the one you have already. Miles suck if you do auto freight they give you to much time to move the load and deliver it. Company does not care about the driver one bit or the trucks move loads is all they want to do as with all companies but some are much better than others. This company has junk to driver beat up trucks that need to be put to rest.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jberlin

jberlin Bobtail Member

Oct 12, 2012
    I didn't say new trucks I said newer trucks and I was referring to the 60 trucks bought at the Michigan terminals. I completely disagree with you that the company does not care about the drivers or the trucks. The recruiting department is very honest with every driver but let's face, some drivers just hear what they want to hear. There are also a lot of drivers who don't take very good care of the equipment which makes it bad for the next guy who needs to use the truck. Big trucks are not cheap and the trucking business (especially the automotive trucking business -- the only one that has much business right now) doesn't pay a ton so buying a brand new truck every time a driver hits a dumpster (or unfortuantely another vehicle) is simply not practical. I would really like to see some drivers take responsibility for their ranks every once in a while. Most drivers are hard working, salt-of-the-earth people with hearts of gold -- it's the ones who abuse equipment, don't pre-trip, cheat their logs, and leave pee bottles in the trucks that make it hard on other drivers. And let's face it, we all know drivers like that.

j and j trucking Thanks this.
  4. jc148

jc148 Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2013
    Jeff, that is not true. It is good in theory. I have had to fight for my pay almost the entire time I have been leased to you guys. You have personally dealt with me concerning Kansas City. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Is there decent money to be made? Yes. Do we get paid what we earn? Rarely. I keep track of every mile my truck runs, every dime that goes into the tanks. My checks are regularly off. I question it every time. There is hardly any meaningful communication between the KC terminal and Flint. KC needs to be looked at closer. Promises are made and then forgotten about.

5. shotgunner

shotgunner Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2013
    I have been with company for awhile now and I hear nothing but bad stuff from company drivers about their trucks having over a million miles on them and are constantly in the shop. Which, I know alot of it relies on the driver, but they have no inspections on their trucks, ever. I think the St. Louis terminal even has the better half of the trucks also. You would think they would be required to wash them occasionally, but no. Some of their trucks have Chieftain signs on them that are halfway off or missing. Some companies make sure the drivers are taking care of their trucks. I mean they do cost the company alot of money, so why wouldn't they want to assure they are being taken care of. I have my own truck so I dont have to worry about the truck part of this company.
    I do know, the last comment that was left about the pay settelments is very true. Ive had several paychecks that have been inaccurate and had to ask everyday for several days to get it straightened out. Every week I have to write down every load and mile for the week and compare it with settlement to assure its accurate. You shouldnt have to do that. Ive had so much trouble getting my detention pay that I dont even want to talk about it. The fuel surcharge has no problem suddenly going down, but when fuel rises, fsc doesnt seem to rise back up very fast. They also charge their owner/operators $28.00 PER WEEK for their qualcomm, when other companies do not charge anything, especially when its at the companies convienance for drivers to use them.
    Saint Louis terminal has alot of favoritism between dispatcher and ceratin drivers on their runs. Some drivers are getting 2500-2700(round-trips) miles a week and home at 2pm everyday, while all the rest get maybe 1700-1800(half a round trips) a week and are out until 5 or 6pm. There will be loads sitting there for the taking but certain drivers refuse them and get sent home with an empty trailer while that load gets put off on someone else. Even if they refuse it, they are told thats all they have for them. If a certain driver refuses a load, they should have to wait for another load to come through, like everyone else. Not get sent home with an empty because they tell the dispatcher they dont want to wait around. Alot of the drivers go to the same place everyday to pick up return loads, and some will sit there for 2-4 hrs waiting to be loaded, while certain drivers will pull in long afterwards and either get in before the driver sitting there, or will have a drop and hook sitting there going to the same place as the driver sitting. The manager there doesnt seem to know much about what goes on with the dispatching of loads. I was told I would be getting 5 round-trips a week, but yet to see it. Ive only broke the 2,000 mile mark 1 time since ive been with them.
    I know the company was recently bought out, and Ive heard alot of the drivers who have been there awhile say it was better ran and managed when it was Flexway, but ive decided to stick it out a little longer to see what happens. I do know that if the dispatching of loads isn't distributed more evenly so all the drivers are getting plenty of miles, not just a certain few, they are going to be losing alot of good drivers soon. They need to put more effort into getting the drivers paychecks accurate as well. They do not offer any kind of monthly/annually safety incentives or production incentives either. If they do, Ive heard nothing of them. But, I will stick it out and see what happens. There is always other companies out there.

6. Classified

Classified Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2014
    ALL there trucks are JUNK, they sent me out on my first day on my own, on a drive from St. Louis to Detroit, when I first seen the truck I almost threw up, but was assured by mechanics and dispatch that it was mechanically sound. Once I got to Detroit, another driver told me I had a bad fuel leak, from there I found out the power steering was leaking and it also had a coolant leak. The inside was junk too, no where to plug in a gps, or phone, the heater in the sleeper did not work, and the dash lights at night did not illuminate. E L Hollingsworth & Cheiftain need to update there fleet.

7. M6KT

M6KT Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2015

Hey man are you still with this company and if so what is the base pay for an o/o,

8. M6KT

M6KT Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2015

9. M6KT

M6KT Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2015
    Are you still with this company ? If so what is their base pay for O/O ?

10. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Call em....
    ... If they are anything like TV M it's $35

11. j and j trucking

j and j trucking Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2015

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.