Electrical issue 09 387 Pete.. HELP

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by LNB, Feb 3, 2014.

1. LNB

LNB Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Waterford, Mi
    Ok finally got our truck back from the previous fiasco and now all lleft hand flasher on tractor and trailer are not working. Any suggestions on what to look for and where it might be located? A whole lot gun shy of repair shops at the moment.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    hold a little downward pressure on turn signal lever with your hand.

4. hammer360

hammer360 Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Olympia, Wa
    Check the flasher relay, it is in the glove box, just remove the whole thing and it is on the right. That's the cheaper fix. If that does not fix it take a screw driver and take out the whole blinker arm, it is pretty simple. Clean it out and make sure all connections are good then see if it works. If it is still not working buy a new one, 80 bucks at Peterbilt. I had they same issue... I had to replace the Blinker Relay and the Switch itself..

5. Up74427ca

Up74427ca Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Little Saigon,ca
    Hi,LNB,this happen to me already,first check all your signal lights,one of them is loose or dead lights.my problem was signal light by headlight was loose.the passenger side work right?if that is the case your driver side have a loose bulbs or wire loose.good luck,LNB..

6. MVSottawa

MVSottawa Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Probably just the switch. Jump the wires and you'll know right away if its the switch or the flasher.

7. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    What a nite mare. My 2009 has more electrical issues than a volva. Sell it get a real pete.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.