Elogs Make Safer Drivers

Discussion in 'Trucker Videos' started by scottied67, Jun 11, 2015.

1. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Yeah when you are up against your 11 hour clock you can't dilly dally behind the guy going 64 in a 65, must pass over the double yellow line into the oncoming traffic, yeah that 64 MPH guy will get over for me.

This actually happened to me twice today-- being passed on a 2 lane against double yellow no-passing stripes.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    has nothing to do with elogs... has to do with the quality of people being hired.

4. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    OK I'm guilty of click-baiting lol I know this guy was not on Elogs, I was just in a Penske truck myself recently. I figure this guy's truck broke down like mine did and he is renting to keep making money. No elogs, no tracking devices no reports back to the UPS mothership he figures he can hammer down and go super truckin'. OOPs I just posted the video up on UPS Facebook page.

Raiderfanatic Thanks this.
  5. GoodWood

GoodWood Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2017
    OK yes Elogs do make you drive faster... you have a countdown timer running every where you go...

6. ASmallFleetDriver

ASmallFleetDriver Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2016
    ChicagoLand
    Just work for a decent paying company where a few extra cents an hour of driving wont make or break you XD

dngrous_dime Thanks this.
  7. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Elogs and the 14 hour running clock sucks!

diesel drinker Thanks this.
  8. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    Is that 287 headed up towards Limon, CO? That stretch can be a pita with the blind hills and short passing areas(in some spots) and such. What I do is this...if I notice a faster truck behind me, I'll get on the brakes(and move slightly to the shoulder so he can see) and let the guy pass safely since he's obviously faster. No sweat and no sense in holding the guy up...and best of all, it takes all of 5 seconds. Courtesy is a lost art, it seems. (not blaming Scottie for lack thereof, just saying...)

diesel drinker Thanks this.
  9. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Yes it is 287 in Colorado however it was southbound toward OK and TX if I remember. The speed limit is 65 on the dot and I was going 64.

This driver was acting like an entitled princess that their time on this planet was so much more important than any one else's.

10. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Another classic example of bad driver etiquette.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.