Employment history?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Lightside, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Lightside

Lightside Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Just curious if you are required to list jobs you were only at for 1 day? In this case a couple crappy dishwashing jobs and a gas station. I was paid but don't want it to look like I am a job hopper.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BugAbusek

BugAbusek Bobtail Member

May 17, 2015
    Through experience outside of trucking in any way i always neglect certain jobs i did simply because of the relations with the bosses (one boss was my half brothers father and he was a massive POS). I've never been fired and have only left one job which that one. That and certain things i've done i won't list down like what i specifically did for the military as in several interviews ive had people to sour from 1 word and lost the spot.

Lightside Thanks this.
  4. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Then don't list them. I've never once listed day of month with job histories. Who the hell really knows thats anyways? Hop you don't have too many 1 day jobs, that does kinda make you a job hopper.

5. TheJrodTest

TheJrodTest Light Load Member

May 5, 2015
    The Road to Omaha
    Pretend you didn't hear this from me: Don't list your 1 day, Non-driving jobs unless they are out there somewhere already, like TheWorkNumber.com or something.

1 Day trucking jobs where you quit during orientation? Better add it. Its already out there. The amount of paperwork needed for DOT just to get you in the door means employers will find it, and want to know why you aren't listing "Company X" on your application. Sucks, but that's the truth.

Just looking out for you guys!

Lightside and pattyj Thank this.
  6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    If it were trk driving jobs then yes I would say that's job hopping but the 2 you listed,pretend you never heard of those places and put unemployed looking for work.

TheJrodTest and rachi Thank this.
  7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Anymore companies are more focused on mvr's then job history.I have a bad work history.There was one company I quit and went back a month later,I forget that month and add it to the length of time with that company.I haven't had any trouble finding work when I wanna work that is,lol.I did get hired with another company a couple weeks ago and everything went fine up until the physical,I passed the standard dot part with flying colors,I was impressed how well it went but failed miserably with the companies weight lifting physical.Considering all the stuff recruiters have to look up with every applicant I think they let some things slide.

Lightside Thanks this.
  8. Lightside

Lightside Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    I did attend an orientation once a month ago for a company but I wasn't hired on so I didn't list them.

9. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    I dug through my taxes and social security records several years back trying to pinpoint start and hire dates. Once I had all my dates I made a detailed resume. Once a year I pull it up, update it a little, resave it, and email it to myself.

Just the other day I was talking with a pretty successful guy looking to make some changes in his business. He wanted to hire an operations manager, and I told him if the money was right, I'd come off the road.

He asked if I could send him a resume. I pulled out my smartphone and sent him my up to date resume right there on the spot. It's always good to be prepared.

Lightside Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.