Entertaining a L/P

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Utahtrucker, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Utahtrucker

Utahtrucker Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2016
    in the Salt Lake market everyone want you to have a "2010 or newer truck" I wish the oil fields would open back up.I so miss the days of we dont care how old your truck is, just can it do the work you applied for!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Utahtrucker

Aug 13, 2016
    Found this truck in Denver for $29,950, 2010 Peterbilt 387, with 609,000 miles on it,400HP ISX 15L,13 speed,3.55 rears,APU,Dbl Bunk( beat's the hell out of getting dressed in a flatop I'm 6'4") Extended warranties available

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. sawmill

sawmill Road Train Member

May 29, 2015
    Evanston, WY
    That may be the case but there's nothing that says you have to lease to a carrier in your backyard. I don't live that far from you and the carrier I am leased to is based in Florida. You seem to have your heart set on paying for a new truck though. Good luck.

ramblingman and Terry270 Thank this.
  5. Utahtrucker

Aug 13, 2016
    Agreed,just dont like having to tear apart or get rid of a perfect piece of machinary, that performs really well, and I'm not losing any money just letting it sit.and when the oilfields open back up, I'll be already to headback up there.that way I'll have a road truck and a mud truck!!!!

6. Terry270

Terry270 Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2014
    BG, KY
    I guess if you like payments go for it

Utahtrucker Thanks this.
  7. Utahtrucker

Aug 13, 2016
    I dont mind making payments on a newer piece of equipment that I need,I'm not gonna put a truck OTR that get's 4mpg,

How do you think ya'll got the truck you have now, you had to make payments somewhere,unless your rich or won the lottery!!! you needed a truck so you made payments to the bank or a company or leasing company.

Terry270
    maybe your a company driver, maybe you like being a company driver,but I dont, whatever you do works for you, but wont work for me. you sound a little Jealous,Maybe you can't afford to buy a truck,mabe your credit isn't good

Beside's let say the patch opens back up well now i have the option of finding a driver and making more. My classic eared me(my Company T&K Transport est 04/12) $28,000 in a 2 week period

I'll take the Black pete for $1300. a MONTH. I bought piece of mind which made my payment go up.
    My classic cost me 1700.00 month when the warranty ran out it was gone!! and I paid that off in 3 years instead of the 5. and I'll do that with this truck, Run my ### off make double payments. of course my situtation is different, house is paid off,we owe on (2) 2013 vehicles, and my 18 year old daughter's education. so I need some more right off's!!!

8. sawmill

May 29, 2015
    Evanston, WY
    LOL. No not rich and don't play lottery. Just bought it cheap and keep it going through meticulous maintenence and my own effort to do all repairs myself. To each his own....

ramblingman and Utahtrucker Thank this.
  9. Utahtrucker

Aug 13, 2016
    I'm buying the black pete,and I'm staying with my current company.gave me a 7500.00 sign on bonus, rates a pretty decent,pay loaded and mty,they pay all tolls and scales, no forced dispatch, and we have a dedicated accts!!!

10. sawmill

May 29, 2015
    Evanston, WY
  11. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Really that truck isn't spec'd much heavier than what we run up here, apart from the pusher and double frame of course. That double frame may add like 700-1000lb tops.

ramblingman and Utahtrucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.