Entertaining a L/P

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Utahtrucker, Aug 13, 2016.

1. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    3000 miles a week with a mega carrier dispatching you :biggrin_25513: yeah good luck with that.

Here's a suggestion, find a carrier that pays % and you book your own work.
    You can do farrrrr better doing that vs running any mileage program where your business is dependant upon a deck jockey to dispatch you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    And the pay is....?

4. Utahtrucker

Utahtrucker Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Nope, less than 100 O/O's

5. Terry270

Terry270 Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2014
    BG, KY
    Lol not quite. Own authority here. Have a 10 car stinger and a tractor both pre egr trucks and you couldn't put me in anything newer except maybe a glider one day. Oh and no payments here either.

Those emissions trucks cost way more per mile to run. And to think people are running them for a buck a mile makes me want to hurt people. You're better off being a company driver!

ramblingman and Utahtrucker Thank this.
  6. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    I figure the shaker will do better than four. I also see not tearing apart or re rigging what is working well. A lot of times that cost more than you need to spend. I see wanting something nicer too. I don't think however the difference in fuel will make the payments, unless a lot of late night fights are involved.

sawmill Thanks this.
  7. Jazzy J

Jazzy J Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2015
    georgia
    Find company to rent you a lease truck that pays by percent.

8. Junebug#73

Junebug#73 Bobtail Member

May 7, 2016
    Who are those quotes from

9. ramblingman

ramblingman Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2014
    You have a truck you presumably own free and clear with a fresh E model cat under warranty. Arguably the best motor built. You have a tag axle and since its so heavy it must be spec'd for heavy haul. You have a multitude of quad axle flat companies to lease onto in the area and you've been sitting around going broke because the oil fields shut down despite a ####load of work to be done right in your backyard paying good money.

Now you want to do a lease purchase on a pile of #### new truck with a pile of #### motor that will bankrupt you cuz your truck is "too old and heavy". Holy fawk op. This takes the cake for stupid. I don't think I've read anything this stupid all month.

A good friend of mine who used to pull cattle is leased onto Smoots brothers out of Brigham city doing very well. He has a 01' W900 without a tag axle and 600hp signature cummins.
    http://smootbrothers.weebly.com/

Jesus fawking christ. Get all these stupid ideas out of your head and go hook to a flat and get back to work making money with your "old heavy truck".

Western flyer and Terry270 Thank this.
  10. ramblingman

ramblingman Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Gawd you oilfield trash are a special kind of stupid.

11. Utahtrucker

Utahtrucker Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Nice to hear from all you muilt-millionares who have it all figured out.but thanx anyways,bought a glider today, both trucks are heading back to the oilfields.
    Glad you have it all figured out!!!!, you'll run 130-150,000 miles a year to make $100,000, I'll run 60,000 miles a year to make $175,000. Stay on the road Rookie Ramblingman!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.