eobr flaws

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by dca, Sep 28, 2015.

1. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    sorry its the best I pic could get before it blacks out, this is a common problem with quaIcomm have on board. it does come back to life after a bit with logs .. yay .. yet one day in the future it might not revive itself. but for now it still works

20150928_160651.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Mine does the same thing more and more frequently. Updated the software, replaced the black box, updated the software again, replaced the antenna and ran a new cable for it. Most of that was for different errors but the blue screen was always waiting around the corner.

Now the text to speach is breaking up and I wonder how long it will last.

4. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    One way to reset it is to find the fuse for the QC and pull it and then reinstall it. This will usually cause it to reboot and then come on. Fuse may be in glove box. You can also call QC and give them the numbers on the back and they can reboot and trouble shoot it. Google QC in San Diego for the phone number.

5. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    I have switch on board that cuts all power, if it doesn't reboot correctly I use that unplug the power cable to the box.

I think this is a problem with code

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  6. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    if what little I do doesnt work its off to the shop. the computer ot black box for it under the bunk went bad in another truck a few times but not the truck im in now.. so far. logs were good till the point the box died. I couldnt download so they previous 7 were faxed before I headed to the shop.. I kept paper from that point on.. this one is die hard.. gets hit and gets back up

7. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    There is a battery hooked to the black box. It was removed to facilitate a reset when I first took it in, but it didn't help.

I think it's a software problem also.

8. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    in the previous truck, a volvo. it died a lot. usually off duty. the last time it died I was on the drive line. the only way change duty status was to get in another truck, sign in on that qc and change.. the company couldn't do it from the office. .. I was issued another shortly after. then another, its been a different experience since

9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I'd say you either have a voltage problem on the truck or a bad component on the QC board going bad

dca Thanks this.
  10. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    I think there was a voltage problem in the 2009 volvo I had.. they cant see anthing wrong with it in the shop but it's working then.. there error msg basically says to remove and reinstall last update.

11. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    what component do you think might be going bad?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.