EPES drivers, are you getting enough miles?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by windsmith, Jan 10, 2013.

1. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    The rider program allows a child over 13 or a adult over 18. fee for the extra insurance is about 20 to 25 bucks a month. I just pay the months my wife wants to ride. Some have riders year round ? Its a nice setup.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tigerdad

tigerdad Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2013
    can i bring my boxer?

4. GoneButNotForgotten

GoneButNotForgotten Heavy Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Roxboro, N.C.
    Dog or shorts?:biggrin_2559:

5. flyingmusician

flyingmusician Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    No pets unfortunately. My biggest one, a lab/pit would absolutely love to ride with me. He never misses a ride to the store in the car on weekends but company says no go for pets.

tigerdad Thanks this.
  6. tigerdad

tigerdad Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2013
    thanks for the ansewers. another question my wife wants to know, does starting orientation guarantee you a job?

7. flyingmusician

flyingmusician Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    No. Generally if you make it past the first day you're good but we still lost a guy 3 days in. I have the impression my group was a little extreme, but 9 of us started there were only 4 of us left by Thursday and most of those were gone the first day. Other classes didn't lose as many. If you have to go out with a trainer you aren't hired until you come back in and take your road test for the second time. It wasn't until I had my 6 weeks with the trainer and tested out until the tester shook my hand and said 'congrats you now have a job with Epes if you want it'.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.