ESTES Linehaul out of Charlotte...

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by #KeepPounding!, Aug 24, 2016.

1. #KeepPounding!

#KeepPounding! Light Load Member

May 31, 2016
    Charlotte
    Been reading up on LTL as a whole. But for were I live, (Charlotte), they seem like the best way to go. I always see trucks coming in and out of that terminal. So I know there is plenty of work. I am absolutely sick of the "rat race" called OTR trucking. I've done a few lease purchase and they where all lies. I've had a number of jobs in 3 1/2 years. I'm going through a really bad separation with my child's mother, mostly due to the OTR lifestyle and all the things that were sacrificed because of it. I would like to do nothing more than to dive back into this Dmv CDL handbook and study for the necessary endorsements. But I would first like to know if ESTES frowns upon a not-so-squeaky clean work history? Also, I'd like to hear from some drivers from the Charlotte terminal or at least have been here before and knows the operation. I've read that the relationship you build with the TM at your dispatching terminal is vital. Is the TM here in Charlotte a hard bargain? Is the money good? Can I be home once throughout the week and have my weekends off maybe, living here in Charlotte? Which position is best as far as the home time I want, living here? Any current/up to date info is appreciated.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Also check out Saia LTL Freight and Old Dominion for line haul jobs.
    They both have Charlotte terminals I'm sure.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    #KeepPounding! Thanks this.
  4. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    Most likely. Will be primarily nights.

5. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Job-hopping too much cost me from getting on there, just saying. Good luck

6. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Look for an Averitt they should have a home every day in Charlotte.

7. DrummingTrucker

DrummingTrucker Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2015
    As Chinatown will agree, most companies ignore their hiring criteria per se if they really need drivers. As long as you're mvr and dac is good, Id say you have a very good chance. Go in and introduce yourself to the TM and put in an application. Talk to the drivers etc and get a first hand feel of what it could be like working there. I started out driving at XPO/Conway freight, great job, just wasn't for me. But it can be very rewarding lifestyle Id assume $70k to 90k potential. Good luck!!

8. #KeepPounding!

#KeepPounding! Light Load Member

May 31, 2016
    Charlotte
    I've always liked Averritt. But I'm a convicted felon. It's ten years old but I think they have a zero tolerance policy for certain criminal infractions.

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  9. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I hate them really. They are a LTL company and I was on TL the red headed step child.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.