Evans Equipment - Butler, IN.....A very bad company!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by bobcat73, Jun 4, 2011.

1. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Read the csa link I posted, they are a rolling disaster.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. driverofevans

driverofevans Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2013
    i am a driver for evans equipment have been for close to ten years, i personally recommend them to anyone who wants a family based company an that like to be known by their name not their trk number or social security number. if a driver has a short check it is due to their lack of running or drawing of too many advances. i started as company then leased a truck thru them now i am a stable owner op. if i have a problem an cannot afford to fix it myself tim evans helps me. yes they have rollovers in dispatch but what company doesnt? an the office employees are mainly family to evans an do know what they are doing, if their is a problem take it to them they will sit down and listen to you.

4. Outlaw 13

Outlaw 13 Light Load Member

Jun 5, 2010
    any highway , USA
    I placed an application with them , and every time we spoke , I would ask a question about them & the recruiter always said "not sure , i'll get back to you" ! The last time I spoke to them , I asked the recruiter to put something in writting & never heard from him again !! That was a couple monthes ago . That answered all my questions about them !! I decided to stay away !!!!

aiwiron Thanks this.
  5. driverofevans

Jan 8, 2013
    that person was fired, call to speak to brianna clifford or jodie sprunger

6. Outlaw 13

Outlaw 13 Light Load Member

Jun 5, 2010
    any highway , USA
    Thanks , but no thanks !!
    See I had a good friend that also worked there & never had alot of good to say about them !!

aiwiron and Steeleandsonfarms Thank this.
  7. clheaa

clheaa Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2013
    For one thing Oscar my hubby drove for you as a owner opp and company you guys do rip people off and you hope that they don't catch it because the check is out three weeks and they don't know if they will bounce. I would not tell anyone to work for you guys hell someone up there stole a lap top / movies / money / cigs / tools out of my hubbys truck and all you could say dah I don't no if you had it in there. He wouldn't lie about it because you seen it when he came back to work for you. He figures all together about $2500 worth the stuff was taken and when you want to pay him he will stop talki g about you guys. Yes Oscar you k ow who it is all you have to do is sratch that bald head and you will know.

aiwiron Thanks this.
  8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    They'll sit and listen to you,is that as far as it goes?

9. driverofevans

Jan 8, 2013
    you mean if ya hit hard times will they help you? the answer is yes they will, call for oscar or for brianna or talk to the receptionist they will treat you as family help u get to butler indiana for orientation put you in the company apartment free of charge during orientation or if your trucks in the shop you can sleep there, they help drivers any way they can

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
  10. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    https://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/sms/Data/carrier.aspx?enc=Ny+j1UY+GU02DTfbV/JyIg==

Reading the reports on Evans is pretty nasty, just anyone with common sense would stay away.

11. groovy1232000

groovy1232000 Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Oh Lord, the problems we have had with this company are so ridiculous!!! I can't really believe they have been in business as long as they have!! My husband started a few months back and was made all kinds of promises (some even in writing) the recruiter he was dealing with had an unfortunate accident and from that point on, everything that the drivers had been told by him was null and void because "he doesn't work here anymore"

And don't get me started about the payroll issues!! I actually just discovered another one today! The reimbursement for tolls and scales aren't matching up to the advances! I know my husband sends in the receipts because he scans them from home and we get confirmation emails that everything has been received! I don't know how many people work for this company but I was in payroll for 5 years so I know how it goes!

They never seem to be available when they are needed and the upkeep of their equipment is a COMPLETE joke!!!!!!! Maybe the people that run this place or sit behind a desk in a nice cushy chair should be sent out to live in one of their nasty disgusting half broken down trucks and see how they like it!! Yeah, I said live because that's what these drivers do, they have to live in these trucks, day in and day out some of them for weeks while the rest of the people get to go home at 5 and see their family and sleep in their nice comfortable bed!!

FYI- recruiters don't always tell the truth! they tell you what you want to hear to get to in the door and once you are on the road....what promise? Nobody promised you that!!!! I just wonder how some people can even sleep at night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aiwiron and superflow Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.