Ever fuel in the tire inflation lane at Love's?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by A Bug, May 15, 2016.

1. A Bug

A Bug Heavy Load Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Sevierville TN
    Had to fuel up at the Texarkana Loves and like usual there were two trucks in line at every single diesel pump. Except for the very first one which had this big sign standing in the center saying Open, blocking the lane.

I just get out and move the thing aside to go fuel and am able to get out of there before a single truck moved in any of the other lanes. No need to have them check my tires. It is a perfectly good fueling lane and just adds longer wait times to Loves' already congested parking lots.

Does anyone actually use this airing up service? Must be or else why would they have it at all? Why block the lane off with a sign that makes the driver have to get out and move the thing over?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    I guess im going to try that!

TequilaSunrise Thanks this.
  4. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Until I catch you and charge you for doing it

5. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    I don't understand why loves is always pack buy I can go to a flying j and pull right up to the fuel island?

6. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Sooner or later you are going to get run off doing that. They keep that lane reserved for people getting TirePass while they fuel.

7. woolybully35us

woolybully35us Medium Load Member

Mar 13, 2015
    ks
    if there's a long wait I move that thing out of the way an fuel. if they don't like it I'll fuel some were else.

TequilaSunrise, not4hire and rachi Thank this.
  8. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    I've used it a time or two. When I've been in a hurry at home and didn't make time to put a gauge to my tires. I bumped into one of their salesman one time getting fuel and he did the typical sales pitch thing trying to sale the service to me and when i basically said i wasnt willing to pay someone to do something i already do regularly he asked if i would give it a try if he put a few freebies on my card. Once those freebies are up I'll probably never use it again. But i also only buy fuel at loves when I've messed up and not gotten fuel on my route at a better place. Loves fuel sucks. Maybe it's just my imagination cause i certainly haven't had a lab test it, but it certainly seems like both my power and mpgs are reduced quite a bit on their fuel.

9. Kindle

Kindle Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    I did that at Loves. The attendant had them shut my pump off. I got 25 gallons lol

10. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

The tire pass is free if you have a Loves card...
    I do it once in awhile when I'm not pushed for time and it gives you just enough time to hit the bathroom and grab a sandwich.
    I think I have about 30 tire credits on my card...

Loves is not bad as I run a lot at night and hit them during the late morning.
    I like the one on 35 in southern Ohio....Cute little fuel desk girl has a crush on me.....lol!

11. A Bug

A Bug Heavy Load Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Sevierville TN
    Ha you make me feel like the Outlaw Trucker

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.