Ever fuel in the tire inflation lane at Love's?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by A Bug, May 15, 2016.

1. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    The ones without a tire shop don't have the tire check lane.

Never had it done, I'm wondering if a really low tire won't get you invited(coerced) into getting the tire checked in their shop. Running dead head back to our shop, I just don't see the need to screw up my entire week, by missing the next run, or getting back late for my weekend. Experience being what is is, this just hasn't been an issue, but going into a shop can be.

On the other hand, the Loves shops I have dealt with have all been fair to deal with, to give credit where it is due.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    I read that if the tire is 15 percent low the system won't allow it to add air. As far as a trip to their shop, while they can sales pitch that, by law they can not force it.

25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  4. TequilaSunrise

TequilaSunrise Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Seattle, WA
    It's a complete waste of time. I agree.

5. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I'd rather drive on flat tires than fuel at loves .

tucker and Brandonpdx Thank this.
  6. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

Yea....me too but the company decided they were a "preferred" fuel stop...o_O

bzinger Thanks this.
  7. bigmotor1212

bigmotor1212 Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2014
    I've done it a few times, no one said anything. No one is ever getting their tires checked anyway.

8. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    I tried to get it once in Hubbard, OH but it wasn't working I guess. We run hot and fast so I usually don't have time to sit around and polish things or micro manage a tire that is 3 pounds low. If it makes a nice thump when I punch the sideway and had at least 90 psi in it I declare "nothing to see here". I use my nice stick gauge to check those crumby trailer tires though. Takes very little time.

9. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I called loves driver info line on back of reward card about waiting to fuel but the tire pass lane was open with that sign. Their answer was if I had tire credits pull up and have them check just the tractor or trailer it was only like 3 credits. That way I could by pass everyone waiting in line to get fuel.

10. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I was waiting for a fuel island to open up at a Loves on I-35 in Oklahoma and the tire pass lane was wide open. I actually called the fuel desk and asked and the girl said go right ahead. I just fuel and pull forward anyways. IF someone needed the tire pass it wouldn't be a long wait. Will defiantly be checking it out soon though.

11. BostonTanker

BostonTanker Road Train Member

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    I did this morning in the pouring rain in Richmond ky. 6 am, all pumps full. Moved the sign, fueled my truck, slid my 5th wheel, and got coffee and bathroom. No one said crap

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.