Expanding co. with O/O's

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by CaboverKid, Aug 2, 2015.

1. CaboverKid

CaboverKid Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2014
    Hey guys, I am presently a 3 trucks fleet, my own trucks hauling dry and reefer freight with my own contracts. I have landed a deal that starts at the end of this month where I will need to recruit 6 O/O's to fill the needs of the new contract. I am looking for insight as to how to make sure this will be a smooth transition with no major last minute headaches. I have presently been putting pen to paper for everything and know that will not work for this so I have been looking into dispatch software. I have OK'd the expansion with my ins. company, and have also considered the cost of plates, and IFTA decals for the expansion costs. I have contracts being drawn up for O/O's and have also secured 6 trailers to rent for as long as I need. Is there anything else I may need to consider so I dont find myself in a bind when it all comes down to actually getting these guys going? Im sure PB has alot of experience in this, so hopefully he can chime in...anybody else, feel free to make suggestions!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Broker some of it out to independents if you have to? I might be interested ... Can't move a whole lot of loads for ya but if the timing and money is right and can set it up ahead of time might be able to work something out. Or is that out of the question?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.