Expedite Companies, Who's the best?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by BKahuna, May 27, 2009.

1. revelation1911

revelation1911 Heavy Load Member

Dec 25, 2011
    Moody Alabama
    I talk to these type operators eveytime I see some. They all tell the same story not making much money, except one I seen with fed ex. He seemed to have his own little niche carved out. Saw a tri state van in NC during summer guy had over 950,000 on a ford 7.3 the termites had abandoned the van but it ran well

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. odekabe

odekabe Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2012
    malibu,Ca
    I know which one is the worst by expirience Panther beacuse thats where everyone is the office owns 5 or 6 trucks or cargo vans , every state you go you have atleast 10 or 20 trucks having a load.

Fed Ex , now I would recomend anytime:)

4. Phat Kat JW

Phat Kat JW Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Trenton, Ohio
    I am an O/O I run for Panther been with them since October of last year. I ran for another company out of Cincinnati, Ohio for 4 years prior to Panther. I really wish I made the move to Panther sooner as I am doing great making money. We get paid for deadhead to pick up freight and empty moves if we are in a bad area. Before you bash me I was skeptical as well from reading the reviews about Panther. Now after reading all the reviews I came to a conclusion the problems was not from Panther, but from few bad fleet owners not paying the drivers right. Now mind you this is only one side of the story from the drivers and not from the fleet owners them self. The other issues was lack of being Proactive by turning down runs you can not make any money if your not moving.

Now I have a few friends that team drives for Express-1, one from All States and one drives for Nations. Now with that said I run more Loaded miles since we meet back in the first week in January. I talk to them all just about every day and they know I pretty much stay rolling. I am very Proactive in keeping my wheels going if I am in a bad freight area I call to get a paid empty move to a better location to get the next load. From the last week in October till December of 2011 I ran almost 15,000 loaded miles this does not included the empty and deadhead miles which Panther pays you for. As of Jan of this year with the holidays, 10 day of vacation I have ran 10,234 loaded miles as of to date. My friend from Nations and Express-1are thinking about moving over to Panther cause my wheels pretty much moves more then theirs.

ts675 Thanks this.
  5. Phat Kat JW

Phat Kat JW Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Trenton, Ohio
    I failed to mention I drive a 3/4 ton cargo van to boot I just purchased it back in August 2011 and monthly payment of $335 month. When I bought this van it had 105,809 miles on it and I now have 152,224 as of today. I have 100% on time, acceptance and in service rating. Yes panther is 100% O/O with that said you are responsible for your medical insurance and ect. Being an O/O your are practically your own business and should treat it as such. I have no regrets to leasing with Panther.

Panther gives you the tools to succeed to make money and if you dont then its your own fault.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Sincerly,
    Phat Kat

6. CaptainGoatYak

CaptainGoatYak Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2008
    Bemidji, Mn
    so... apparently the thing to do if one wants to try out the expedited thing is find someone who owns a truck and has it working for... somewhere. is there a place to go that has any such listings? company websites are pretty barren so far as useful info goes.

7. Bigarmin88

Bigarmin88 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Tampa Bay Fl
    http://www.expeditersonline.com

8. jimmy9870

jimmy9870 Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2012
    corinth,ms
    do you have to gave good credit to lease a straight truck for expedite

9. jimmy9870

jimmy9870 Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2012
    corinth,ms
    i meant do you have to have good credit to lease a straight truck

10. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    If you have to ask you'd better not try it . If you want to try to run as a L/O you'd better have several thousand dollars for a cash reserve which I doubt you have .

11. Krooser

Krooser Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Have you contacted the recruiting offices of any companies? That's where you'll find the owners looking for drivers...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.