experienced driver with 2 year old DUI

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by kid99, Jun 22, 2011.

1. kid99

kid99 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have 8 years OTR experience. I am finding it difficult to get a job with a 2 year old DUI on my driving record. I know a lot of companies hire with a 3 year old prior. If any body knows of any companies that will hire with a 2 year old Dui please let me know.

2. BigJohn54

BigJohn54 <b><font color="blue">Gone, but NEVER forgotten</f

Thanks Received:
    Check out this thread:

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...7090-wow-just-2-months-experience-needed.html

I don't know anything about this or them. I just remembered 123456 posted this info.

I can't tell you who, but I have seen a few that were only one or two years. The mainstream and Mega-Companies probably won't work. You are going to have to think outside the box and sell yourself. Get away from online applications. Find phone numbers and convince someone to give you a chance.

3. recruitthebestdrivers

recruitthebestdrivers New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, some companies like the one I recruit for are able to get a Class A driver insured IF the DUI/Alcohol Related offense is AT LEAST 2 years old, is the ONLY one on your record, and you have no other serious offenses on your MVR in the last 2 years.

We run all 48 states, dry vans, no touch freight, great compensation and benefits and a very stable and great place to work. We run newer Volvo Condo's and are based out of either Minnesota or Iowa, however we can get most drivers in the Midwest home regularly and consistently.

Best of luck to everyone finding a job you truly love, even if it doesn't turn out to be driving for us! I can be contacted at : recruitthebestdrivers@hotmail.com

brown22607, jerryy123 and trucker43 Thank this.
  4. brown22607

brown22607 Bobtail Member

Thanks Received:
    Are you just recruiting for the Midwest or all over the 48 states? I'm in FL. I will send you an e-mail.

5. starsonwindow

starsonwindow Medium Load Member

Thanks Received:
    Check these guys out, Doesn't hurt to try. Just be honest with them. They posted this and I got a job.
    http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...1-seeking-otr-driver-small-texas-carrier.html

6. amado

amado New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello is this true? can you please send me your contact info?

7. amado

amado New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello everybody my name is Amado. I have a 2 yr old dwi. I live in minnesota does anyone know of a company that will hire me in the midwest?

8. whtrucker

whtrucker New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a DUI that will be five years old in September. The DUI was dismissed but my license was suspended for a year due to refusing a breathalyzer. I am about to start truck driving school, and would appreciate any information on companies that might hire me now. Thanks!

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Thanks Received:
    After enrolling in driver school and know your graduation date, apply with these companies & hope for the best. Also, check trucking jobs and Seeking Employment threads on here.

Falcon Transport
    K&B Transportation
    Carolina Cargo
    Western Express
    Paschall Truck Lines
    Buel Inc.
    Gray Transportation
    Apergis Transportation
    Navajo

10. mikedica

mikedica New Member

Thanks Received:
    I graduate my cdl school may 20th have 2 year-old dui looking for a chance to get back to work can help ??

Draft saved Draft deleted