Experiencing the Power of Red...avoid like the plague!!! Part 1

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Captain Fluffy, May 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyweighman

Hyweighman Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Pensacola, FL
    Clausland, I remember those days. The new drivers have know clue.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Quite the story, Cap'n. I've never had the pleasure of working for a mega OTR carrier, but it doesn't look like I've missed much.

Good luck with your present endeavor!

Captain Fluffy Thanks this.
  4. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Great write up. Makes me glad I got that phase out of the way back in 93 when companies still treated you like a human being for the most part. Only thing that is the same today are the wages. I couldn't go through all that without a major anxiety attack on day 1 now.

5. Zigzag777

Zigzag777 Medium Load Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Down Yonder
    I hope that tanker you're now driving isn't filled with some nasty HazMat or gasoline. Giving the finger to someone, who cut you off is a sign of an immature hot head. The cameras worked perfectly for catching that. Cars cutting you off is an everyday event in trucking, be prepared at all times for that to happen. It's called defensive driving, please don't try to defend yourself here, it's something we all have to deal with constantly. Putting signs in your windows, ditto!

As for your chiropractor appointments, you should have never mentioned why you needed to be home on Saturday, it was none of their business. Many people volunteer too much information. I could go on and on, but I'll stop here.

How do I know this stuff I'm saying? Because I used to be just like you! And it never served me well, and it doesn't take long to get labeled, and once you are labeled it's almost impossible to lose it. Most of the time we are our own worst enemies. Good chance the answer is in the mirror.

Glad you're making a fresh start. I don't think OTR was a good fit for you, but it probably helped you get the local gig.

KriegHund Thanks this.
  6. Tenn I See Trucker

Tenn I See Trucker Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2013
    TULLAHOMA,TN
    Roehl sucks and is a bureaucrat8c nightmare,went into their reefer division with 15 years experience just after they started it what a Flippin mess,I went in the Marshfield office and told them when it comes to running reefers they didn't know their #$$ from a hole in the ground,I mean it is strange when they bought out Blume Farms they fired everyone that knew anything about reefers,I mean who the hell orders reefers that t he unit shuts off when you open the doors,with no override? Try loading at a chicken plant without the unit running,I could go on and on but the OP covered it very well.Roehl is a driver mill and that's about it,I have had a CDL since 1993 and this is the worst com0any I had ever driven for,If you are mind number puppet robot have at it

7. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    The sad part is Roehl was supposedly one of the better megas but as the saying goes,things change...:eek:

8. Tenn I See Trucker

Tenn I See Trucker Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2013
    TULLAHOMA,TN
    Yep they baffle you with bullshot and showers and gyms etc etc so you don't question authority, they did that in the Soviet Union too...

FamilyMan82 and Captain Fluffy Thank this.
  9. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    True, but I'm sure we've all done it once or twice.

10. Captain Fluffy

Captain Fluffy Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2015
    MN
    It is filled with 'nasty HazMat' and gasoline. It's also filled with Diesel, Jet Fuel, Av Gas, Bio Diesel or Ethanol on any given day.

I don't know if I would say it's a matter of being a hot head, more a matter of being angry that some moron has just put your life, their life, and everyone else around you in jeopardy. How some 4 wheeler can weave in and out of lanes, cutting not only you off in the 80,000 lb rolling death machine, but everyone else around you, just so they can what...get to their destination a few seconds sooner? Now that i'm hauling freight that has the potential to explode and kill not only myself but other innocent people, even the pope would be mad that someone would have such a disregard for human life as some of these 4 wheelers can get. So that's my defense for that matter.

You must also understand that they eventually started to ask me why I needed to be home on the weekends. I don't like to lie so I figure what would telling the truth hurt?

OTR did work for me, it obviously wouldn't have been my first choice, but hey, we all have to cut our teeth somewhere and I did make it work. Obviously I prefer to sleep in my own bed at night, but i'm still proud of where i've come from, and please don't confuse my actions with being a prideful douche nostril, I never meant in anyway, shape or form to step on any toes, or not do what I was told as an employee. I did the job, and swallowed whatever rant I was willing to unleash on either of my 3 incompetent FM's. Especially when they A. tell me to break the law, B. personally insult me and threaten me, and C. tell me that if I run out of time in downtown Chicago on 90, that if I would just call in, then she could find me a truck stop or a safe haven to stop when the old Sears tower is right next to me, or to take a 70+ ft long semi around an airport terminal to drop me off. I'd say i've done pretty good so far. My diatribe in the beginning was everything that I had to vent about, that I couldn't say to any of my FM's for fear of being fired and then having to pay back my debt. Which in the end, I could've left and then sued them and won, so my fault for not reading the contract thoroughly, but their fault if they ever choose to pursue any further collection activity.

Gearjammin' Penguin Thanks this.
  11. Coolbreeze100

Coolbreeze100 Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Macon, GA
    Some decaf might help, possibly.

dogtrucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.