Experiencing the Power of Red...avoid like the plague!!! Part 1

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Captain Fluffy, May 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    You did good by getting away from those people captain and don't let anyone put you on the defensive about it....
    Most of us would've told them where they could stick their camera along time ago
    ... I bet they didn't like to hear about your back problems , that's when you became a threat to them
    ... You didn't have a real job with them anyway, they were just living off your back
    .... It's kinda like how a dog gets ticks

Captain Fluffy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    I would prefer someone flipping the "bird" from time to time and thus releasing pressure vs keeping those feelings boiling below the surface for years till they explode and people go "postal" .

Lonesome and Captain Fluffy Thank this.
  4. Yves kanevil

Yves kanevil Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Nighthawk
    When reading the title to this thread I thought we would be talking about cummins problems

mjd4277 and tinytim Thank this.
  5. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    This is a lunch counter sob story if I ever heard one... The only thing I somewhat agree with is the camera thing. You probably shouldn't have gotten a camera right off the bat. I agree those should only be given to problem drivers. Or better yet, just get rid of the problem drivers. But if they repeatedly showed you doing incomplete stops and Showing signs of road rage, then maybe you did need one.

As for the signs in the Windows, it could be that the company and the "tattle tail" driver saw it as a safety issue. Doesn't really matter what the sign "says," driving down the road with your windows even partially blocked is not only stupid, but illegal and would put the company in big jeopardy were you to get in a wreck. I could go on and on here, but why bother. It sounds like you have a better gig now anyway, so I guess all is well. Good luck to you.

KriegHund and Captain Fluffy Thank this.
  6. Captain Fluffy

Captain Fluffy Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2015
    MN
    Jeez man, that's like what my 2nd FM called me, verbatim. Saying I'm stupid, and a safety issue. As mentioned before, I could see perfectly fine around the signs. No safety issue there at all. If I couldn't have, then I would've taken them down and probably put them on the outside of the truck instead. I'm not about to put my life on the line, or other people's lives on the line just to tell drivers that I can't go any faster, that WOULD be stupid. As far as road rage goes, that was my only time flipping another 4 wheeler off. Not my brightest moment, but now they either get 2 big thumbs up and some mouthing off, or a simple head shake to show my displeasure. The whole stop sign thing too. Now I HAVE to come to complete stops, especially at RR crossings. There's no ifs ands or buts about that. Hazmat you don't mess around with that stuff. Neither do the cops.

I didn't need a camera, and all it did was cause unnecessary anguish on my end, and eventually their end as well. I know my FM dreaded calling me up to have to discuss some stupid camera event because he told me he hated doing it. I tried to reason with him about hauling 80k lbs, and trying to get it moving again is a PITA. I also mentioned the way the camera works and how that's flawed as well. If you're going to go off of what the GPS says, rather than the truck, you'll always see that someone is not coming to a complete stop unless they sit there for 5-10 seconds. There's been plenty of times where I wasn't moving and the Garmin still said I was doing 2 mph. But he wasn't going to have any part of it, and it's another prefect example that he was just another programmed Roehlbot, that could sit behind a computer and tell someone what to do, without ever even being in a truck and knowing what we go through.

7. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Roehlbot,, I like that, and it is exactly accurate. That company wants nothing less than complete obedience. While I don't agree with some of the OPs actions, I have little doubt thing went down the way he claims. I worked for them at one time, just as the father was fully retiring and the son was taking the reigns. What once was a great company to work for has been turned into another CDL mill in my opinion.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  8. Captain Fluffy

Aug 16, 2015
    MN
    I heard nothing but good things about the company when Everett was running it. It was genuine and professional. Now Rick is running it into the ground. I'm backed up by my opinion on the matter when you cruise through Marshfield and see his mansion. Little tiny podunk city, in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin, and here's this ginormous mansion sticking out like a sore thumb to show everyone that he's successful. Rick is an ###

9. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    I've heard "If ya got it, flaunt it" You weren't really expecting him to be living in a double-wide with a couple of cars up on blocks out front were you?

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
    Reason for edit: Fixed quote
  10. Captain Fluffy

Aug 16, 2015
    MN
    Not necessarily, but I'm much less of a pretentious douchebag and would handle my living situation differently than someone who has that much money.

11. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    Sounds like typical mega carrier hell to me.

Toomanybikes Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.