Experiencing the Power of Red...avoid like the plague!!! Part 1

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Captain Fluffy, May 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    I don't work for Roehl, and I've never met Rick Roehl so I can't agree or disagree with the idea of him being a pretentious douchebag. Having been married for more than 20 years, where I live and the size of house I have has a whole lot more to do with my wife and what she wants than how much money I may or may not have.:yes2557:

Lonesome Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Captain Fluffy

Captain Fluffy Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2015
    MN
    My wife share in my same view, just because we have the money, doesn't mean we need to show it off, but that's why we're all different.

4. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Big mansion in Marshfield, still means your stuck in Marshfield.

btw, sign in the window, complete amateur move. The general public neither knows or cares that you're governed.

Lucky they didn't fired you on the spot, not knowing what other kind of signs in the window you think are amusing.

5. Captain Fluffy

Aug 16, 2015
    MN
    That's the whole point bud, to let them know! It wasn't a matter of caring if the general public cares, I'm only concerned about what I do, and if I do my part to educate the uneducated, then maybe I can make a difference in the world. Would it stick with most people? More than likely not, but I still like knowing that i'm trying to do my part in this world.

I don't think i'm amusing by putting the signs in the window. The day before I put those up, I had 3 different 4 wheelers almost run me off the road because I was trying to get past a slower truck for miles. Finally, I had enough and thought, "what's the one way I can tell people that don't have a CB, or don't know the industry, that i'm governed and that i'm not trying to be a jerk?". This idea popped into my head. Ran it past the wife, the family, friends, few other trucker buds, and was even complimented by an O/O at the next Flying J, and mentioned that he had no idea we were. He even commented how so many times he's been stuck behind Roehl trucks, and always figured they were being a bunch of hyper miling aholes. (his words, not mine) Everyone thought it was a great idea, especially since most of the people I ran it across ARE the general public and not truckers, and also get frustrated when semis take so long to pass, they almost think they're doing it on purpose sometimes. So in my eyes, I did good.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    You really think they care if you're governed or not? You're just a big slow turd getting in their way, nothing more. Plus you admitted to being in the fast lane for miles trying to pass a truck that was governed at the same speed yours was. You think other drivers (both 4 wheelers and semis) won't get mad at you for doing that?

Regarding the chiropractor thing it sounds like you brought that completely upon yourself by first calling them and saying you were having a heart attack behind the wheel and then admitting to seeing the chiropractor every Saturday. They wanted to make sure you won't pass out while driving.

All that being said that's still a lot of BS and micromanagement to go through for $30k a year. Wow, that's just sick as a matter of fact. You could of made more at Burger King but at least you landed a much better job because of the experience you gained there.

Last edited: May 7, 2016
    Toomanybikes Thanks this.
  7. Captain Fluffy

Aug 16, 2015
    MN
    As stated before, I don't care if they care, I'm doing my part to try to make the world a better place in my eyes, isn't that what everyone is ever trying to do? Where would you expect me to pass? The shoulder? I was able to go faster than the semi in the right lane, they were limited to probably 62. I on the other hand notice that when another semi is trying to pass and is passing at almost the same speed I'm going, I'll kill the cruise for a sec to let them by and not hold up traffic and be a dick.

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  8. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have found myself in that situation more times than I care to remember. It usually happens at the crest of a hill, or after moving left at a get on ramp. The truck I'm passing eventually gets the "wind back in it's sails" and gets up to my governed speed while I'm along side or somewhat ahead of them. They then ride along with me, and the traffic that builds up behind THEM prevents me from slowing down and falling in behind. Now we've become a rolling road block that pisses EVERYONE off.

Getting hung out in the left lane isn't fun, and I hate when it happens, but a lot of times it's not the passing truck that's the guilty party, but the one who is being passed that doesn't have the decency to "hold back" for just a bit to let us get back over.

I've begun, especially on hills, just laying back, dropping gears, and riding it out behind the heavy, slow truck...just because I know what's going to happen if we crest the hill at the same time, side by side.

9. Eeyore05

Eeyore05 Medium Load Member

Nov 13, 2015
    'Sconni
    I didn't get halfway thru the first post, you boy are a long winded whiner. If it was so hard to take on day 1, why did you stay?? Most every company makes you sir thru those boring get safety crap, it's part of three gig.

KriegHund Thanks this.
  10. Texnmidwest

Texnmidwest Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    ...and if you are not careful....ya just might learn something in those safety meetings!

I agree. If you don't like a company leave....there are a host of other companies out there hiring.

KriegHund and Eeyore05 Thank this.
  11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    If you don't have a CB, why not just put one in?

As for taking a while to pass another truck, that is quite the source of some contentious debate around here. I would suggest that in the future you not attempt that unless you have a bit greater speed advantage over the other truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.