Failed Drug Test

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by GuffBall, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuffBall

GuffBall Bobtail Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm looking for a company that will hire me with a failed drug test. I have completed all DOT/SAP requirements. I made a mistake a year ago and am trying to get passed it.

I'm currently driving for an Oilfield hotshot service but want to go over the road again.

2. walstib

walstib Darkstar

Thanks Received:
    I can't remember reading about any that will overlook that, at least in regard to major ones...I'm sure some outlaw company that will eventually have you back here writing about how bad they are will...

3. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Thanks Received:
    No doubt you'll get hired somewhere. Just be honest on your apps and be ready to provide your supporting documents. Hang in there, a crappy job is better than no job at all.

4. elk

elk Light Load Member

Thanks Received:
    Guffball,you didn't mention your location but try gunther's out of md.or Crete.

5. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Thanks Received:
    Most companies are 3 years before they will give you a shot. Then you're against the 3 years no experience thing and have to go out with a trainer for a refresher.

The only other option is a very small outfit and it's iffy at that depending on the insurance. You just don't fail a drug test and jump in another truck. If that was the case, more would still be partying. You do the crime, you do the time, figurely speaking.

I would tough it out where you are at another couple years.

franktaylor Thanks this.
  6. jaso36

jaso36 Medium Load Member

Thanks Received:
    I failed a drug test in May of 2009 and the SAP will not work no major company that is decent will take a chance on you. Sorry that is a fact but you can find a small company that will as long as it was a pre-employment and not on your liscence they will hire you. Before anyone tells me I am an idiot for failing I am whole heartily agree with you as it was the dumbest thing I have ever done and till the day I die I will regret this and curse myself evryday for being stupid 1 time. I have been drug tested for over 20 years and I made a stupid choice by trying to relive my teenage years with buddy I havent seen in over 20 years. I lost everything and now drive for a small company paying my dues not making what I would if I never did something so stupid. I only have 4 months to go till I can try some big companies that might give me a chance. Does anyone know of companies that will give me a chance after 3 years.

franktaylor Thanks this.
  7. FREEBRD

FREEBRD Medium Load Member

Thanks Received:
    not a chance for you going otr! U just got in this biz in april-may! Geez!

runaway Thanks this.
  8. mickeyinlasvegas

mickeyinlasvegas Light Load Member

Thanks Received:
    You can go back OTR!!!!! You just have to take 100 No's before you might get a yes. Stick with the small Mom and Pops. But if you are new to the industry and already have a mark, then it will be VERY HARD. you have no history in trucking.
    It's hard enough to get back into it with a Good Work Record. If you let too much time pass then they may require you to get recertified. It's not so much the Company's as it is the Ins Company's
    Good Luck

9. mickeyinlasvegas

mickeyinlasvegas Light Load Member

Thanks Received:
    Phone calls. LOTS OF PHONE CALLS. LOTS OF NO'S TO GET ONE YES. IT'S HARD AND HUMBLING. BUT IT CAN BE DONE

cpassey Thanks this.
  10. Doc40

Doc40 Bobtail Member

Thanks Received:
    It depends on the weed was it dandelion or Kudzu cause that stuff stays in your system for months...:biggrin_25524:

123456 Thanks this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.