Failed Tanker Pre-Screen, Need Advice on Contract....

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by El Viajero, May 30, 2016.

1. El Viajero

El Viajero Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2016
    Well I was in orientation earlier today in Pennsylvania and I failed the the bulk tanker prescreen. I have a hard time crouching and unscrewing the cap and have knee problems from an injury at a previous employer. The balance beam walk really screwed me up and then the crouch and unscrew the cap got me. My being extremely overweight did not help the problem either but I did pass the heart rate test and already passed my DOT physical as I have a DOT card.

The problem is that Schneider paid for my CDL course at a truck driving school. Now I am wondering if I am out the $2,400 as I was told that I was not hired by the person I spoke to on the phone at their testing facility.

I already signed the contract and now I'm not sure what to do. I was not told about the pre-screen until about two weeks ago while I set everything up with them to attend orientation. I started truck driving school at the end of March and completed it already. But they didn't tell us that the prescreen was grounds for not being hired. I have a contract that states I will be driving tankers and bulk which I signed before they gave me the prescreen and I was told I was given a conditional offer.

I'm wondering if I can try to transfer to their dry-van division if possible or if I should try other trucking companies. In my CDL school they had recruiters from May and Averett but I'm not sure if they will hire me while I have a contract with Schnedier.

I realized I need to lose weight and start working on my physical fitness so please lay off me for that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    Call your recruiter

El Viajero Thanks this.
  4. tazman74

tazman74 Light Load Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Albert Lea, Mn
    What crb said And ask about van?

El Viajero Thanks this.
  5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    You should be able to transfer to van. Talk to recruiter asap. Still need to.pass pws though, so depending on exactly which tests you didn't pass it might be a no go.

El Viajero Thanks this.
  6. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    They'll put you on van in a heartbeat ,no worries.

El Viajero and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  7. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    they are always hiring in all areas. So just transfer over to van and possible get back to tanker later.

El Viajero Thanks this.
  8. El Viajero

Mar 7, 2016
    I didn't pass the balance beam test and the unscrewing a cap which simulates a tank wash. I was told I should be fine for can driving.

9. El Viajero

Mar 7, 2016
    I'm assuming though I can't getmoutmof the contract as it stipulates I will be driving a tanker truck. The reason being that van pays less I was told.

10. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    you will make less and probably have your tuition paid in installments by them once a month.

El Viajero Thanks this.
  11. El Viajero

Mar 7, 2016
    Thanks. They already paid the tuition to the school but I'm assuming then I will work off the total? It's $2500 for the tuition.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.