False critical event

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by mike101402, Jun 23, 2015.

1. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Ring ring ring...

Schneider: I see you had a critical event.. what happened?
    Driver: Oh nothing.. just the huge wife woke up and got out of the sleeper. Stupid qualcomm probably thought I had a load shift.
    Schneider: .........................
    Driver:

[​IMG]

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 91B20H8

91B20H8 Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2012
    The Heart of the North, Mi
    That's some funny fecal matter there

mickimause and freightwipper Thank this.
  4. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Reading this crap makes me glad I walked away from a company that was going to make us put that babysitter BS in our trucks. Wish more drivers would do the same. When trucks are sitting idle because nobody wants to drive them, they have to look at WHY nobody wants to drive them...and then correct the problem (or in the ATA's case, lobby the FMCSA to mandate the BS industry-wide so drivers who still want to drive have no choice but to bend over).

Your job...and depending upon what all they report to DAC, your career...could be jeopardized even though you are doing everything right just because a sensor is malfunctioning or somebody set the parameters a little too sensitive.

I just don't understand why professional drivers allow themselves to be subjected to that crap.

mike101402 Thanks this.
  5. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    Everyone relax...thats why you need cameras...I know you all hatem...it will show the device isnt working right...mine one day said I rolled over my DM called asked if I was ok..Im like you can see Im rolling pretty sure if I rolled I wouldnt be...he says good point...Is there times all this stuff can help you I am sure...do I worry about the cameras NOPE...I just think its a "tool" they dont have perfected yet.

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

maurice80 Thanks this.
  6. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    All these companies have that critical event trash built into their e-logs.
    Every company I worked for had them.
    It's not that big of a deal though as they see exactly where you are and how fast you were going at the moment of the event.
    If it's BS it's usually pretty easy to notice.

7. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Never had it, never will. I walked away from the last company that wanted to put one in my truck, and I had been there 8 years. Jobs are easy enough to come by when you're good at what you do. First door I knocked on, I was hired on the spot. There really isn't any reason to subject yourself to the scrutiny of some desk-jockey micro-managing you via electronic surveillance. If I wanted somebody looking over my shoulder telling me how to do my job, I'd work @ Walmart.

driverdriver and Cat sdp Thank this.
  8. mike101402

mike101402 Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Fort Mill, SC
    I'm kind of torn on the issue. It is the first time since I leased on in september that I've had it go off. If I was doing something dumb, I would admit it and just move on, I'm honest even when it's bad for me. Part of me says "It's only happened once since september, odds are it wont happen again", but the other part of me is sickened by the thought that in theory it could happen again tomorrow. Then what?

9. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    call in and explain it. thats all. dont sweat it. it happens. May wanrt to share with ica that you dont think it was correct for what it did., the sensor may in fact be too sensitive. it would then begin the documentation. They can pull up speed location time , all that stuff. if you speed was at or below the limit, for moseying along then it shouldn't really be an issue.

mike101402 and TennMan Thank this.
  10. rz14nj

rz14nj Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2012
    onguard detected that i smashed into something the other day driving down the highway at 4am with nothing around. little screen went red and shut my accelerator off. had to pull over on the side of the road and turn the truck on/off to get rolling again.

i think some of these nannys really make it more dangerous. like engine braking in the rain or snow. and they say it isn't supposed to do that.

driverdriver Thanks this.
  11. flyingmusician

flyingmusician Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    Well if you were on the eastern half of us50 in wv that would be a critical event in itself lol

But since you made nothing of the road you had to have been on the easy side to the west of 79.

Thank god I work for a company that doesn't feel like we need that #### on our trucks.

mike101402 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.