Family Dollar?

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Bosoxhater75, Jan 17, 2010.

1. jeepskate99

jeepskate99 Road Train Member

I have noticed that. Why are so many drivers lazy?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. socal

socal Medium Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    It's not so much that drivers are lazy, It is after you get some more experience a driver will find a better paying job that does not require him to unload. Why do you think they promote it to new guys. If your a truck driver and you have time to unload the trailer when you get there you haven't Driven far enough.
    Why is it the store Employees are to lazy to do it all themselves ?

4. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Not so much lazy as liability . What if store employee got hurt on a truck ?

5. socal

socal Medium Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    I guess they should not take jobs as a receiver.

6. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    The store doesn't do it because they got all the carriers to agree to it and include it in the bill. And have you seen the people that work at dollar general? Basically a bunch of teens and college kids. They'll either get hurt unloading, or more likely, take for EVER. Also, notice how dollar general atleast bought all the equipment needed for you to do this their way. They bought the trailers with lift gates and they bought the rolltainers.

Now, i will tell you this, rolltainers SUCK. They get stuck together easily. You'll be asked to consolidate loads of empty boxes, where the empty boxes are thrown into them by the kids that work at dollar general (all wrong and nowhere near fulll), and that other drivers with a lower iq than you have thrown the rolltainers into a trailer without giving a crap.....

And if you go to the dollar general account right after school, you are not making a wise decision. They have the worst "docks" ever. Many deliveries are during business hours, and guess where cars will park? In the way. Guess what cars are doing while you're backing in? Not paying attention! If you make a mistake that is deemed to be DUMB, you will be fired pretty much instantly.

Now, I do have to say, werner DOES make a habit of having customers with very difficult docks. But atleast it's not an every day five times a day thing like dollar general.

But dollar general drivers make a lot of money and dont have to have much experience.....your choice.

7. phroziac

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    Have you never been to a dollar general? They do not have a "reciever".

8. jeepskate99

I get paid, handsomely, to unload my tanker. The store doesn't do it because the Comp insurance doesn't cover it.

9. jeepskate99

They should. It's the drivers truck. Why should the store unload it? They are paying for the truck to be unloaded.

10. socal

socal Medium Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    :biggrin_2559: Ok Ok you lumpers......I mean drivers go ahead and unload it. I hope everywhere you go you tell the shippers and receivers STOP this is my truck I will Load it and I will unload it PAL ! You Werner drivers can set a whole new precedence for your company.:yes2557:

11. phroziac

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    What about tankers at gas stations? should the guy pumpin gas in peoples cars do it? The mechanic?
    I had my car serviced at a full service station recently. Leaky tire. Very interesting deal. I liked it. I'll be back there. :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.