FAST Card or Passport

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by terryg247, Jun 11, 2015.

1. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Yep. Use mine every time I cross for a weekend shopping trip. Also gets you through airport security faster( domestic) as you use the nexus lane at security screening.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 2ndGenner

2ndGenner Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2015
    The Canadian Prairies
    Get Both. Start with your passport if you already haven't. Passport processing shouldn't take anymore than a couple of weeks, if you go to an actual passport office. I'm still waiting for my FAST card, and if it comparable to NEXUS it could take around 5 months to complete processing.

4. terryg247

terryg247 Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    I applied for a Fast card when I started school and took six weeks or so for the initial application to get approved, Set up an appointment and once that was done took two more weeks to get the actual card

5. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    As well, when your five year renewal comes up, as long as you have not had any issues at the border in those five years, you don't have to go for the interview. Apply online, they send the new card out.

terryg247 Thanks this.
  6. Denadii Cho

Denadii Cho Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Calgary Alberta
    I talked to the customs dufus and he told me that the passport trumps all...even FAST

7. terryg247

terryg247 Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    I have been using just my Fast card since I started driving with no issues. A passport is useless when it comes to fast loads.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.