FAST Card preaproved what to bring as Evidence of employment or financial support

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by newbtr1, Oct 1, 2015.

1. newbtr1

newbtr1 Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2015
    If I don't have either

I just go the preapproved letter

you must bring with you the following original documents to the enrollment center:

• This letter
    • Originals of Passport, Birth Document
    • Evidence of employment or financial support. Examples are your most recent year's tax return, pay receipt, or direct deposit salary statement. Self-employed applicant must present business license, current tax information and bank statement
    • Evidence of residence - Examples are mortgage statement, rent payment receipts, utility bill, etc.
    • Your Commercial Driver's License (if you possess one).

What do I do,if I don't have a Tax return, a pay receipt or any of those things, will I be rejected if I don't bring anything, I applied for the FAST card to get employment, do unemployed applications get denied automatically?

I'm mortified on what to do thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nate980

nate980 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    Phone them? I'd trust them over anything a truck driver has to say on an Internet forum...

upnorthwpg Thanks this.
  4. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    CRA actually has all your information online now. There is a sign up process but once you have it you can login and see all your tax dealings with the gov. All your old t4, your rrsp eligible room, your tfsa eligible room. Lots of stuff.

5. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    You have never had a job before?

6. newbtr1

Jun 15, 2015
    No, and I wished they had the requirements before I signed up and paid the $50 USD

7. upnorthwpg

Sep 23, 2011
    Even on Ei, you should still file income tax returns every year. No disrespect, but you shouldn't have even bothered with a fast card to start with, if you didn't meet the requirements. Call the number in the letter, and explain it to them. They will tell you if your eligible for the program or not.

8. newbtr1

Jun 15, 2015
    Well if they had the Evidence of employment or financial support Requirement
    on their site
    http://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/fast/eligibility
    I would not have applied.

I want a trucking job, but don't know If I should tell them that I am unemployed or that I do not have a business license, and tax information, since I do some online work.

they should list that requirement since they only have 2

U.S. citizens, U.S. lawful permanent residents, Canadian citizens, Canadian lawful permanent residents and Mexican nationals are eligible for Free and Secure Trade (FAST) membership.

You must be 18 years of age or older and possess a valid driver's license.

9. upnorthwpg

Sep 23, 2011
    Call the fast office directly then and ask them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.