Fatal Collision in the GTA Involving Motorcycles - 401 East

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Dye Guardian, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Dye Guardian

Dye Guardian Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2015
    North
    As of 6:00AM local time, east of Toronto, ON on highway 401–eastbound side. A truck sits on motorcycle and a body lay covered in the middle of the highway. All express lanes closed, collector lanes are backed up. I'll post a link if I find one.

image.png

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    LindaPV and tinytim Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dye Guardian

Jan 10, 2015
    North
    http://www.newstalk1010.com/news/20...-leaving-one-person-dead#sthash.xDcelWlH.dpuf

"

Police are on the scene of a fatal collision on the eastbound 401 express lanes.

Around 3:30 a.m. Saturday, a transport truck hit two motorcycles near Allen Rd.

One of the drivers is dead.

His motorcycle was found lodged underneath the front of the truck.

The second driver has minor injuries.

All eastbound 401 express lanes are closed from east of the 400 to yonge for the investigation.

Police say they don't know when they will be fully reopened.

"

LindaPV Thanks this.
  4. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Jesus. Prayers to all involved.

5. Dye Guardian

Jan 10, 2015
    North
    The body I saw covered was very far back from where the truck was stopped when I went by going westbound. I'm curious how it happened.

www.cbc.ca/amp/1.3692380

"

A male motorcyclist is dead and a female motorcyclist is dealing with injuries after a crash on Highway 401 early Saturday morning, provincial police say.

Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) say the crash involved at least three motorcycles and a transport truck at around 3:30 a.m. on the eastbound express lanes of Highway 401 near Keele Street.

Sgt. Colin Style of the OPP Highway Safety Division told CBC News that a group of motorcyclists was riding on Highway 401 when the collision with the truck occurred, adding police have not yet determined the sequence of events that led to the fatal crash and some motorcyclists have returned to the scene to give eyewitness accounts.

"We are in the process of trying to determine what happened," he said.

The name and age of the deceased male has not yet been released by authorities.

Police have closed the eastbound express lanes of Highway 401 from east of Jane Street to east of Allen Road while officers investigate at the scene. Styles said police hope to have the express lanes reopened by 3:00 p.m. Saturday.

Sgt. Kerry Schmidt of the OPP said the investigation is still in its early stages.

"We don't have a lot of details, but we are appealing for any witnesses that may have seen the motorcycles or the truck prior to the wreck at about 3:30 this morning," Schmidt said.

"

tinytim Thanks this.
  6. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Somehow I have a gut feeling that the motorcycles involved were going between vehicles and someone screwed up.

LindaPV and Dye Guardian Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.