fault code 1239 Acc Pedal or Lever Position Sensor 2 Circuit - 05 Int ISX 400 cummins

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by hd99_fatboy, Mar 1, 2014.

1. hd99_fatboy

hd99_fatboy Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2010
    carmel, ny
    1239 Accelerator Pedal or Lever Position Sensor 2 Circuit - Voltage Above Normal, or Shorted to High Source

what is this and how can I fix it? :)

thanks in advance

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Double check the model year, this engine should be a CM871 if it is generating that code. CM870 were still around in 05 and had different throttle pedal wiring. For the 871 model, the throttle pedal has actually two separate position sensors in it. #1 and #2. #2 is always exactly 1/2 the voltage signal of #1 so the ECM can verify it is getting a valid signal. The signal return is higher than normal. This is normally a shorted pedal position sensor. If you unplug it you should get 1241 active. If you do, replace the pedal sensor.

QUALITYTRUCK Thanks this.
  4. hd99_fatboy

Dec 19, 2010
    carmel, ny
    I see the harness under the pedal, is that where the sensor is, or is it somewhere else? do I have to remove the pedal to unplug the sensor? 3 or 4 bolts holding pedal to floorboard...

How you been HeavyD?

5. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I am getting real sick of this cold weather! Mosquitoes and humidity any time now!!! The sensor is part of pedal, two small screws hold it on. I can't remember if the plug is right at the sensor at the pedal, or if the sensor has the harness attached to it, and the plug in hiding up inside the kick panel. It is tight down there, but if the connector is at the sensor you should be able to unplug it there.

6. hd99_fatboy

Dec 19, 2010
    carmel, ny
    I hear that bro, been a hell of a winter, and your up north right?
    I'll dig into this pedal a lil more and let you know how I make out. been sidetracked with other auto issues, a 93 bmw 325 and a 93 honda accord, both daily drivers for my wife and kid. long cold afternoon on my back in the driveway...

Heavyd Thanks this.
  7. Embrace

Embrace Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2015
    @Heavyd ....please help with 2011 prostar shut down coz accerelator pedal sensor fault. i replaced new pedal but still getting alarm code. thanks

8. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Do you have the actual fault code number?

9. pharova

pharova Bobtail Member

May 14, 2015
    I think its 132. i cleaned the pedal module and problem seem to disapear but now its back again.

10. pharova

pharova Bobtail Member

May 14, 2015
    1242 or 132

11. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    If you have a 9000 series International the main engine harness is famous for rubbing through anywhere between the firewall plug to the engine. This harness is usually ziptied to the firewall over the turbo and runs overtop the rear of the valve cover and along the left side of the engine to the ECM. Cut all the zip ties and inspect this harness for chaffing. The harness is usually coiled over the turbo somewhere and the wiring will rub at sharp bends. I have also seen the loom look perfect on the outside, but chew into the wires on the inside to the point the insulation is worn away then the copper wire inside becomes exposed to air and moisture and corrodes. So I recommend to open this harness up all the way paying close attention to areas with bends or curves. Throttle wires will be purple in colour. Also check the firewall connector for any green/corroded or partially pulled out terminals.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.