felony friendly companies???

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by auntsally, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hamsterrock74

Hamsterrock74 Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Marietta Ga
    I hear the deep sea diving companies take felons..Hell I think they will actually train you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ranger_309

Ranger_309 Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2010
    I dont buy, sell or use illegal drugs and NEVER have.

Having said that, I dont see anything wrong with a felon who simply had too much dope on hand, being much of a threat. lots of people in NA and AA are felons that have learned their lessons and they want and need jobs to keep bread on the table and work that keeps them busy and away from crime.

This is particularly true for first time offenders, IMO. You dont give a man a chance to fly right, what else is he supposed to do but go back to crime?

jdforsythe Thanks this.
  4. djskar

djskar Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Orlando,FL
    You guys out there with felonies keep your head up don't let people bring you down.You have a dream followed and a get it done i have several felonies back 9 years ago.I regret everything paid my price and promise to my self and family i was gonna change and i did.When back to school graduated last week and got hire.I have a person who is a owner operator and went to my school looking for a driver to do some team driving OTR.I filled up the application on the company he works for and they only require no felonies withing last for 5 years.And like i said got hire.Look on craiglist lot's of owner operators looking for help there,local companies,maybe consider an expungement but don,t give up jobs are out there you just have to find it yourself because no one will do it for you guys.And for all the people that think we can,t get jobs never in this industry I GOT ONE SO SUCK IT,LIVE LONG AND SUCK IT!!.

striker, JR80, t78allgood and 2 others Thank this.
  5. frdr

frdr Medium Load Member

Aug 25, 2007
    houston, tx.
    A lot of trucking companies are run by felons.

They sure know how to rip-off drivers.

RedDirtDriver Thanks this.
  6. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    It really is sad that so many people, including apparently some in this thread, want to lump everyone with a felony in the same category. I wonder if those same people knew just how many people they encounter on a daily basis have a felony record.

MackDaddyMark and timdog Thank this.
  7. Powell-Peralta

Powell-Peralta Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2007

i'd like to offer my theories in detail in a sec as to why CF's (convicted felonists) seem to gravitate to this sport in droves.

But first, one solution to "getting in the game" might be to get operating authority, and then buy their own truck.

a) Then again, and i hate to talk down or be negative, alot of felonists would not be able to handle the numbers (this is a numbers game after all) and probably would not succeed.

b) Also, the sales part is a big thing and i don't know if that would happen either. i guess it depends on the individual; Some CF's can be very charming.

c) If the potential CF has poor credit and cannot afford a tractor and the insurance that is required for operational authority, then tough. i say if you're that stupid to have gotten locked up AND screwed up your credit then i guess you'll have to settle with whatever job you can get and live in a trailer.

8. rwilson

rwilson Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2010
    sacramento, ca
    Need to know what companies will give me an opportunity?

9. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Carriers have different policies on felonies. Most want to see at least 10 years pass without any other incidents. Others may not hire anyone who has a felony conviction. Some of the trucking forums have company listings that show various companies policies concerning felonies as well as their basic hiring requirements. I don't know any specific carriers who will hire felons. If you have a problem finding those requirements, you could pick up some of the trucking magazines at a nearby truck stop and start calling companies. Another way is to fill out online applications. If you don't already have your CDL your options may be more limited.

10. bluebonn

bluebonn Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Texas
    Swift!! They hired me. My felony was 28 years ago.

11. Mike'

Mike' Medium Load Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Toledo, Ohio
    best....post....ever!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.