Finally a APU

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by SKL Trailers, Mar 3, 2014.

1. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    i always loved it this winter when i got up to IA the temps there typically were 10 to 20 degrees warmer .if i lived there i wouldnt consider a apu as well but up north here after minus 25 or so which we had often.. bunk heaters and engine heaters get risky and its your life at risk so you run truck or a good apu .. i run reefer so i can go lower if i hook a jumper wire to keep batteries fully charged last winter i gave 2 boosts to guys in pullouts up north due to dead batteries from espar draw in severe cold due to their companys no idle policy and cheapskates using 3 batteries

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. vitaly2007

vitaly2007 Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Hi wich version of webasto you got ? Mine air top 2000 is not strong enouf any temps bellow -15 c and its a freezer inside! I got a 7500btu. Maybe my truck to big. Double bunk high roof coronado 2003

4. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    That could explain things somewhat. I have a mid roof single bunk 70" sleeper. The Webasto does a great job for my ride. They do come in different output ratings. i really am not sure off hand what mine is. I ordered it installed at the factory when they built the glider body. I also order the Arctic Insulation package and the premium noise abatement insulation package for my truck. Combined, they make a nice package with the Webasto.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  5. vitaly2007

vitaly2007 Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2014

Yes agree mine is very old its a 2003 and barely have any insulation there! In winter my floor becomes like in a freezer hehe. Once I forgot my food neer the share on the floor and tha next morning was about to have a nice breakfast and surprize its all frozen and iced!

I was sleeping on top bed so all the heat gos there.

6. terryt

terryt Heavy Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    These dealers are wrong about idle timer. Anyone that has a PTO to run a compressor or to pump off a load knows this. Run mine at 1000 rpm for over hour it will run till it runs out of fuel.

7. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Thx for sharing the helpful info a great pics! I'm buying mine next week and look forward to the savings and comfort!

8. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    FYI people if your truck has Nazi clean idle BS sticker on it you can easily remove 700 rpm idling restriction by using diagnostic software. I am from Cali and I have removed 700rpm idle restriction. I just have Airtronic heather inside for cold winter nights.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.