Finally done with training from Swift

Discussion in 'Swift' started by beachin, Sep 15, 2015.

1. beachin

beachin Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Buckeye, AZ
    Just wanted to update. Finally my husband is done with his mentor. He can't wait to get his own truck. It's been 5 days short of 5 weeks. He had 7 days of sitting total due to truck being down, equipment repair, his mentor disappearing, and waiting for a new mentor. He had to get a new mentor after his first week. He has been the the main driver for the last 3.5 weeks getting all but 24 of his hours. So that means he has been driving 50 hours a week. That doesn't include his wait times. He has done a total of 16,200 miles. So if you take the 739 away from the first 1/2 week with the mentor that he got pulled from week that's an average of 3866 a week.

Hopefully he will get his DM and a truck tomorrow. He feels more than confident to go it alone now!

inkeper and pattyj Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    That's good. Hopefully he will be able to maintain a 3,000 mile per week average. Because you can't do 3,866 per week as solo.

Tell him not to be afraid to refuse loads.tell him to avoid loads with excess time. I've been with swift for a little over a year and being nice goes a loooong way.

4. beachin

Oct 10, 2013
    Buckeye, AZ
    Yeah, I figured that would be kind of difficult! But I think those are only his hours. Not team because his mentor hardly ever drives.

5. damutt

damutt Road Train Member

May 6, 2013
    that is a good thing. get him used to driving. wish hem well on his new carrere

beachin Thanks this.
  6. Karenk

Karenk Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2014
    Florida
    Absolutely terrified! That is crazy!

Sneakerfix Thanks this.
  7. beachin

Oct 10, 2013
    Buckeye, AZ
    So, his DM is out of Jurupa, CA instead of Phoenix. That seems odd when we live here???

8. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    It's like that with all companies. I never speak with my fleet manager unless my qualcomm is down. They are not assigned by locations.

9. Sneakerfix

Sneakerfix Heavy Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Pasadena,ca
    Shouldn't say all companies are like that but some are depending on what fleet you are on at swift seeing as yours is in the Fontana area he must be on the reefer side. If he was on the flatbed side u would have dispatch out of PHX

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    beachin Thanks this.
  10. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I guess I can only speak for vans, we only have a few flatbeds and they are probably the same.

11. WitchyWomen

WitchyWomen Medium Load Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Buckeye, AZ
    Our home is in AZ but he's had DM's in multiple states ID, MN etc, it's all about finding a great DM.

beachin Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.