Finally made the decision

Discussion in 'Millis' started by olddogdon, Apr 1, 2016.

1. olddogdon

olddogdon Light Load Member

Apr 19, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    After years of indecision, I pulled the trigger. I applied at Millis and got approval today. Called and made the commitment and now start CDL school on May 9th in Trenton. Now to get that CDL permit next week.
    Looking forward to the challenges. Keeping my ears open, mouth closed and try to learn as much as I can.
    Any comments on the Trenton facility and the school there is most welcome.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Marky84

Marky84 Heavy Load Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Jefferson, WI
    dont do it! its a trap! run away while u still can!!!:biggrin_25512::biggrin_2551::biggrin_2556:

4. Finalsomnia

Finalsomnia Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Woodstock, GA
    The good thing about the Trenton yard is that it's basically the midpoint for Millis' operations. It's #### near impossible to get a load from New York or the North Carolina/Virginia area that won't bring you to the general vicinity of Trenton, so getting hometime there is likely a breeze. Bill, one of the instructors, is a great guy. I'm out of the Cartersville, Georgia terminal myself (and thusly did my schooling in Georgia), but my trainer was from Ohio so we spent a lot of time in the area.

olddogdon Thanks this.
  5. olddogdon

Apr 19, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    So I go to the Clinic to get my CDL physical that I need to take to the BMV to take the written test to get my CDL permit. Dr. says I have to have stress test done by my cardiologist. Well who has the $2000.00 for a stress test. I guess I am done. No CDL permit, not starting a trucking career. Bummed really bad. Do I have any other options?

6. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    Is that because of blood pressure or something? If not then find another doctor. Some places try and trough extra tests on you as a money making scheme.

7. olddogdon

Apr 19, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    The nurse practioner giving the physical said due to me having a heart attack 2 years ago, I needed a stress test. I figure if my cardiologist thought I needed one, he would have had me do this by now. Go figure. A physical is $100 to $200 around here. Not sure what to do next.

8. olddogdon

Apr 19, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    Also, I do have hypertension controlled by medication. My BP at the time of the physical was 130/70, which is about normal for me.

9. str8t10

str8t10 Medium Load Member

Apr 25, 2015
    Rochester,ny
    A guy at my company had this problem when he went to renew his med card. We have company insurance but he knew it was bs so he had his cardiologist sign off saying he was good and did not need a stress test. Problem solved. Maybe you can try and see if your doc can do the same

10. firemedic2816

firemedic2816 Road Train Member

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    Who was your trainer? Bill is AWESOME

11. Finalsomnia

Finalsomnia Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Woodstock, GA
    I had "Randy Junior." His dad also works as a trainer and is named Randy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.