Fired for refusing to drive due to fatigue.

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by gogogo, May 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    Lost me with this one...best of luck...self importance is dangerous.

201 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    Whether you did anything wrong isn't really the issue here. I don't think anyone is arguing the point that you want to be safe. However, the company hasn't done anything wrong either. They didn't violate the law by firing you for this. The law says they have to give you 10 hours off between shifts & they did. It doesn't say if it has to be the same 10 hours every day. I think we all understand that you're saying that you haven't had any sleep & you want to be safe. However, its not the employers fault. Whats he going to do, call his customer & say, "Oh, my employee didn't get any sleep on his 10 hrs off so I gotta cancel your shipment".

He had as equal of a right to fire you for not coming to work after 10 hrs off, as you did to tell him you cant come in because you hadn't had any sleep. Its your right to do that... Its also his right to let you go. There was no law broken here.

4. gogogo

gogogo Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Could the moderator erase this thread please? I cannot figure it out at this time. I realize it may affect my legal ruling. I was hoping for real advice not tough trucker BS.

5. marmonman

marmonman Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    central illinois
    You have been given advice .
    It is not the advice you want to hear .

Legal ruling ???
    So it is just about the lawsuit so you can have free money ????
    Why didn't you just say that to start with ?
    That changes everything!!!!
    We all on your side now power to people screw the man !!!
    Take from the rich and give to the poor mistreated working man !

Lawyer up and live the American dream money for nothing and the chicks for free !!!!

6. kimbosa

kimbosa Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2011
    lufkin texas
    SPOT ON!!!!!

7. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I doubt this thread will be erased just because you didn't like what people had to say. Look at where the front right tire of the truck is. Pretty well on the fsr white line. How exactly do you expect the truck to not go over the middle by a little bit? Notice it is a short trailer and a short wheelbase tractor. The driver/company are doing the best they can to pickup or deliver to the customer on that road. You might have had a point if it were say a 300 inch truck and 53' truck on a road it is not legally allowed on. But you really have no argument the way I see it.

I don't see how you have been wronged by the truckers actions at all. Good luck seeing a payday when there was no collision or contact whatsoever.

How would you have liked the driver to better do his job? Just not be there in the first place?

8. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    umm, which thread were you responding to? :)

9. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Wow I am really misfiring today ... I gotta get home and clear my mind ...

10. jbee

jbee Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2011
    NC
    More than likely, the company fired him because his screen name (gogogo) didn't match his work ethic.....j/k

tucker Thanks this.
  11. gogogo

gogogo Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Hey thanks guys. I have no job now and very little money. I'm such a ##### I cant pull a 14 hour shift on 10 hours of sleep in three days. I'm just not willing to kill someone. I was told I wouldn't be fired when I called out and I was or I would have went in for one run. But hey your all tough bad ### fat ####ing truckers and I'm a wimp oilfield/construction worker that likes to haul hazmat the safe way. Thanks for all your advice in the legal thread of the forum. Keep sticking up for the scumbag carriers that #### us all every which way from Sunday. But I guess you guys like it from behind.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.